Notifications
Clear all

ACCUTANE MONTH 5 STILL BREAKING OUT

MemberMember
(@hope3reed)

Posted : 03/31/2019 10:03 am

Hi! I'm new to this, so hopefully this will help relieve some of my worry and doubts about accutane. I started accutane December 1st, and since then, I've been taking 60 mg straight for 4 months exactly today. My purge was awful (end of first month to beginning of third), and has left me with horrible dark hyperpigmentation and a few pitted scars. I have no more cystic acne, but have been consistently been getting new zits every day that are smaller, and it hasn't stopped. Right now I have about 8 spots and a lot of scars. I started with about 15 spots that were mostly cystic. Is it normal to be breaking out this far a long? I should only be on it this month and next and then I'm supposed to stop.

I am 20 years old, 5'4, and ~110 pounds.

Thank you 🙂

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 03/31/2019 10:07 am

No it's not "normal"hence the majority of people at 4 months peak is already clear, specially with 60 mg.

But you dont have more cystic acne, which was the major concern, thats good. Some people take more time to get clear than others, if by the time of your course to end ur still breaking out, u should talk to your dermatologist and see if thats really acne, if it's maybe u can consider extend your treatment.

Wish you the best luck.

hope3reed liked
MemberMember
(@hope3reed)

Posted : 03/31/2019 10:08 am

lol just realized I posted this in the wrong place very sorry!

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 02/18/2020 2:17 am

Did you clear up!

MemberMember
(@laurajmes)

Posted : 04/15/2020 10:22 pm

I have almost the same weight, age, and height profile as you. In my experience, my breakouts stopped around the 5th month. If you keep getting consistent breakouts, you should definitely talk to your dermatologist about your concerns. Everyone's journey is going to be different, so don't worry too much if you are taking longer. It will only get better! :)