Notifications
Clear all

I got 10 Fraxel Laser/Micro Needling Sessions and still look like this

MemberMember
(@tim04)

Posted : 03/30/2019 6:56 am

I spent over $4,000 already and got 10 Fraxel Laser treatments and Micro needling treatments total, but my acne scarring on my forehead and temples is still pretty bad.

What are the best treatments I can get or do at home to further improve my scarring and skin?

Thanks for your feedback!

IMG_9687.jpeg

IMG_9688.jpeg

IMG_9689.jpeg

IMG_9691.jpeg

IMG_9692.jpeg

IMG_9693.jpeg

IMG_9703.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/30/2019 8:02 am

@Tim04Hi there. My post is going to come over analytical. I am sure your upset 10 treatments and $4k which is actually quite cheap for that many treatments. I am going to ask you a series of questions below. This will help me analyze the situation. I am not getting into the emotional part of treatment here. It will take me 24-hrs to respond to this post. I am contacted by 100+ people a day with the worst scar cases, to help, so please be patient.

1) I need to know the exact settings that were used, the laser used or model(EG. 1927nm, 1064nm, restore, repair, clear and brillant, etc) - this would include passes made and energy levels.What specifically was your practitioner treating for?

2) How long of a period was this done in? How long was the healing in between?

3) Was your main concern for doing this large pores?

4) What was the condition of your skin prior to the 10 treatments?

5) Has there been any improvement from the Fraxel at all?

6) Has there been any improvement from any other treatment you ever had?

7) Do you have any medical conditions(prescriptions) including auto-immune, sensitivities, allergies, rosacea, poor healing, smoking, dietary restrictions, health concerns, other restrictions?

8) Where you recently in the last year on Accutane, if so when?

9) Why did the practitioner not offer a refund or free treatments when there was zero improvements? Were they willing to make it right? How do they explain what has happened?

10) What is your skincare routine?

11) Do you scar easily?

12) What exactly do you want fixed. I read your above post,... texture, quality, dryness, redness, indentation, vascularity - veins, closed comedones, etc?

13) Where any other treatments done that microneedling / Fraxel, if so what?

You can get some improvement with subcisionin the temples and some filler, the forehead needs botox to relax some of the issues. We will worry about texture - skin conditions when I hear back.

Thanks,

BA

MemberMember
(@tim04)

Posted : 04/01/2019 8:12 am

1) I need to know the exact settings that were used, the laser used or model(EG. 1927nm, 1064nm, restore, repair, clear and brillant, etc) - this would include passes made and energy levels.What specifically was your practitioner treating for?

It was a fraxel restore one, the doc told me it was on the strongest settings because I could handle it. The last treatment was about 1 year ago.

2) How long of a period was this done in? How long was the healing in between?

It was done over about 1.5years with a minimum of 1 month healing time in between.

3) Was your main concern for doing this large pores?

No but for extential acne scaring on my foreheads and temples, that was the only area treated during all procedures.

4) What was the condition of your skin prior to the 10 treatments?

The acne scars were more prominent but not as much as you would expect, I feel like in overall my skin got worse and looks much more harmed vs before.

5) Has there been any improvement from the Fraxel at all?

Yes there was a slight improvement.

6) Has there been any improvement from any other treatment you ever had?

I also got medical needling, where the doc used a device that has needles penetrate the skin that are ultra hot to destroy the scarred tissue and try to regenerate it.

7) Do you have any medical conditions(prescriptions) including auto-immune, sensitivities, allergies, rosacea, poor healing, smoking, dietary restrictions, health concerns, other restrictions?

I am diagnosed with aseborrheic eczema on my nose and under my eyes, as well as acne vulgaris as a teen.

8) Where you recently in the last year on Accutane, if so when?

I only used it when I was 16 years old, now I am 23. I tried it again when I was 20 for a few days but the side symptoms where to heavy on my mood and well-being.

9) Why did the practitioner not offer a refund or free treatments when there was zero improvements? Were they willing to make it right? How do they explain what has happened?

I was told you can only improve acne scars up to a certain degree and that more treatments wouldn't give a better result.

10) What is your skincare routine?

I am using a mildcleanser once per day for my face when I am showering and this before I leave the house in the morning: https://www.dermalogica.de/collections/moisturizer/products/oil-clearing-matte-moisturizer-spf15-60ml

My skin gets ultraoily during the day if I don't use this product to the point where people notice it ask if I did some heavy exercise : (

11) Do you scar easily?

Yes.

12) What exactly do you want fixed. I read your above post,... texture, quality, dryness, redness, indentation, vascularity - veins, closed comedones, etc?

Thetexture, quality, redness, red spots and huge pores.

13) Where any other treatments done that microneedling / Fraxel, if so what?

No nothing.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/02/2019 8:21 am

@Tim04Thank you very much for the responses. I can now get a better idea for a response to help you.

1)"It was a fraxel restore one, the doc told me it was on the strongest settings because I could handle it. The last treatment was about 1 year ago."

- Hmm depends on the device, this could have ruined your skin here, just blasting it with the highest setting and not knowing what they were doing, signs to look out for in skin changes.IF it was clear and brilliant, this would be because it's a very weak machine. That does very little to help your overall condition alone.

2)"It was done over about 1.5years with a minimum of 1 month healing time in between."

- This is bad, one month between treatments 10 times. You know the average person takes 6 months to fully heal from laser, and 3 months in the minimum we recommendfor re-treatment. Laser is not just something you can keep blasting someone with 10 times in 10 months, terrible!!!!

3) Ah I Was also taking into account the cheeks and other skin. Ok so foreheadand temples. These areas heal terribly. Especially the forehead.

You have muscles all under you forhead, thin skin, low lymph flow, little fat, etc. We can get some improvement in the foreheadbut this area responds the least to treatment. Subcision on the temples and perhaps foreheadif you can find a dr to do it (this is a tricky area to treat, they can use a cannula), definitelybotox. I want you to wait 3 months between treatments. Use a retin-a,tretinorin, differin, or tazorac - nightly, all of them do cell turnover. Use Niacinamide by the ordinary, vitamin c serum. I would put a filler in your temples. Look into acid peels with a experiencedpractitioner at the end of texture. They can do a deep peel if it's a plastic surgeon.

4)""The acne scars were more prominent but not as much as you would expect, I feel like in overall my skin got worse and looks much more harmed vs before.""

- This is the 10x in 10 months, this is crazy it gave you side effects and ruined the texture of your skin. I want you to lookup"repairmoisture barrier," - Google that. I think your moisture barrier is destroyed and needs to be rebuilt. Get a occlusivemoisturizer. No exfoliants or over aggressiveresurfacing unless with a skilled Dr.

I see pimples on the forehead, you can use a foaming bp acne wash, or a acne salicylic wash to open up pores.

5-6) The medical needling probably did not help, whatever their technique was. Oh you already had rf needling? What brand was the machine? Did it have insulation, ... if not they could have destroyedyour epidermis or the practitionercould have been terrible and did this with poor settings, that is a possibilityas well, with monthly fraxels, crazy.

What is this machine, ... can you find out the name for me. This might have made your skin worse. Hot and burning needles.

7) Cerave makes a product for eczemaand psoriasis"am diagnosed with aseborrheic eczema" with a blue tub and a pump, might want to give that a try. I see a moisture barrier problem with the skin being dry. Or goto a differentpractitionerfor consultationon products.

8)""I was told you can only improve acne scars up to a certain degree and that more treatments wouldn't give a better result.""

- This is sad they made your skin worse, then passed the blame,I am sorry. We will avoid lasers then for treatment. Find a good Dr who does deep peels by you, mainly plastic surgeons.

"My skin gets ultraoily during the day if I don't use this product to the point where people notice it ask if I did some heavy exercise" - Salicylic or BP acne washes will help with this, you need a gel moisturizer or light moisturizer, physical sunscreen would help as well.

9-13) Ok you have sensitives, ... tell whatever Dr you see you have very sensitive skin. I see the ."de" addressfor wash, ... if your in or near Denmark see Dr Emil. Tell him your sensitive, and that laser destroyedyour skin. Have him do subcision and filler only, NO LASER, unless it's vascular for discoloration. He does not do deep peels, ... the plastic surgeonsdo.

We can't fix everythingbut we can try to make it better. Subcision and some filler would be a good start several times, manual methods are best.

MemberMember
(@vij)

Posted : 04/03/2019 1:24 pm

You look unexpectedly fabulousfor someone who's got that many laser treatments in just 10 months. All one doctor?

Edit:

I am really sorry. I was a little sarcastic before, Couldn't see the pic clearly on mobile at night - but I now see the texture issues more clearly.