Notifications
Clear all

Best treatment for really enlarged pores (pic)

MemberMember
(@pablo1600)

Posted : 03/29/2019 11:13 am

So I have struggled with rosacea since I was 12 (I'm 20 now). A couple of years ago I had extremely oily nose. Like I could wipe the oil off my nose with my fingers and after 15 min it would come back. So with the oily nose came big blackheads and couldn't get rid of them. 5 months ago I started accutane and know I have big pores all over my nose. I don't have any visible pores on the rest of my face.

So what I'm basically wondering is what is the best treatment for really big open pores? And have anyone had a successful story minimizing them?

The pic is of my "good" side. Also have a depressed scar on the nose flare due to picking :(

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/30/2019 9:43 am

So I have struggled with rosacea since I was 12 (I'm 20 now). A couple of years ago I had extremely oily nose. Like I could wipe the oil off my nose with my fingers and after 15 min it would come back. So with the oily nose came big blackheads and couldn't get rid of them. 5 months ago I started accutane and know I have big pores all over my nose. I don't have any visible pores on the rest of my face.

So what I'm basically wondering is what is the best treatment for really big open pores? And have anyone had a successful story minimizing them?

The pic is of my "good" side. Also have a depressed scar on the nose flare due to picking :(

@Pablo1600 Hi There, I see your biggest issue is orange peel or large pores on your nose. This area is very hard to treat. Excessive sebum- oil, and it's cartilage like a ear. Please let your Dr know about Rosacea, this can be a complication to treatment. Your 20 and will heal a lot naturally. You know 6 months after accutane you will heal and your skin changes. 6 months after Acutane you can do laser. Treatment is expensive.

You can start cheep. Get a dermastamp and needle the nose. Try some Niacinamide cream - the ordinary.

I would not suggest salicylic acid wash while on Accutane as you can't use anything strong. This would open the pores. Please speak to your Dr about any AHA or BHA acid's to clean out the pores. 

TCA Cross could be done now, but this is a lot of area, and most Dr's would want to laser the nose. Consult with a few Drs. Aesthetic Dermatologists. Let them know again about your Accutane. 

When your healed more: retin-a/differin/tretinorin (DO NOT DO THIS NOW!), needling, co2 laser, and erbium resurfacing are options.  

MemberMember
(@pablo1600)

Posted : 03/30/2019 1:45 pm

@beautifulambition thank you really appreciate it :) 

was thinking abott visiting Dr. Emil henningsen in Denmark when I have fully recovered. What could be my best treatment? Could tca cross be done? The pores are really close to each other but they are deep. Especially on the nose bridge