Notifications
Clear all

Day 63 of Accutane: Big yikes

MemberMember
(@yuh280)

Posted : 03/24/2019 1:53 am

Ive broken out for 2 straight months. Starting my 3rd week of 60 mg, my final increase in dosage.Its one thing when your acne is ugly, but when its red and PAINFUL, it just makes it much worse. Im experiencing clusters of small, red breakouts on the sides of my cheeks and they just hit every single nerve in that area. I have to be so delicate with these two areas since they are so sore. Have to pat in moisturizer with light as a feather pressure. Ive also had bad joint pain, muscle sorenessand fatigue, but that could also be college hitting me. Im trying to hang in there so I can focus on my more important things. It just sucks looking in the mirror. This garbage has been on my face since I was 10. Im 19andcant do it anymore. This horrible initial breakout better be worth it in the end...if I even stop breaking out at all! Wish I was one of those people who just immediately begin improving, but gotta deal with it I guess.

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 03/24/2019 10:21 pm

20 hours ago, yuh280 said:

Ive broken out for 2 straight months. Starting my 3rd week of 60 mg, my final increase in dosage.Its one thing when your acne is ugly, but when its red and PAINFUL, it just makes it much worse. Im experiencing clusters of small, red breakouts on the sides of my cheeks and they just hit every single nerve in that area. I have to be so delicate with these two areas since they are so sore. Have to pat in moisturizer with light as a feather pressure. Ive also had bad joint pain, muscle sorenessand fatigue, but that could also be college hitting me. Im trying to hang in there so I can focus on my more important things. It just sucks looking in the mirror. This garbage has been on my face since I was 10. Im 19andcant do it anymore. This horrible initial breakout better be worth it in the end...if I even stop breaking out at all! Wish I was one of those people who just immediately begin improving, but gotta deal with it I guess.

Doctors do not suggest this butwhy not take the precaution of tapering down just like you would with any other pyschotropic drug!

https://www.c-span.org/video/standalone/?174192-3/safety-accutane

MemberMember
(@yuh280)

Posted : 03/25/2019 1:13 am

2 hours ago, hatetane said:

Doctors do not suggest this butwhy not take the precaution of tapering down just like you would with any other pyschotropic drug!

https://www.c-span.org/video/standalone/?174192-3/safety-accutane

I noticed on your profile you have a strong resentment for accutane. Have you tried it and had a bad experience?

MemberMember
(@will_from_barcelona)

Posted : 03/27/2019 9:59 pm

There's a lot of people who don't start seeing improvement until the 3rd or even 4th month.

yuh280 liked
MemberMember
(@acneruinsmylife)

Posted : 04/02/2019 5:08 pm

Hey there! I'm on day 83. I still have some pimples arise here and there. They sort of come and go pretty quickly, but when they come, they are mighty ugly. This is my second round of Accutane. In my first round, I did not see improvement until my fourth month. I completely understand what youre going through. I feel ugly and am just trying to trudge through, day by day. Typing my complaints and feelings on here makes me feel slightly better that other people are going through it too!

What keeps me going is taking pics of my face every day that I can. On my really bad days I look back at day 1 and can tell there is some difference, even though its small. we will be clear in time. patience is key

yuh280 liked