Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using Stridex pads for about 2 weeks now and I don't see any real difference in my acne besides that my skind is dryer. I have tried using a mixutre of garlic and vineger for a while, but that didn't really work either. I was my face 2-3 times a day, keep my hair out of my face while I sleep, sleep on a clean pillow and watch what I eat. I have also tried calamine lotion and rubbing alcohal. What should I do!?

HI I did a blog on my regime. You can look at it http://shazabbe.blogspot.com/2004/12/acne-regime.html

I hope this helps. I will update tomorrow on how hair and diet affect acne. I did the blog because I believe it could help others. You have to try it for a few weeks along with the hair and diet tips I'll add tomorrow. This board is too confusing for me to try to post it here. I wish you well. Shazabbe aka slim biggrin.gif

just a warning to be careful using hydrocortisone cream (ESPECIALLY anything stronger than 1%)

it can really mess with your skin and cause it to thin and break down (ie-stretch marks and other blemishes)- it's a topical corticosteroid, so not something you want to use for a long time .

from netdoctor.co.uk

Warning!

* Avoid prolonged use on infants and children.

* Avoid prolonged use on the face.

* If corticosteroids are used long-term, on large areas of skin, raw skin, skin folds, or under airtight dressings (including nappies) they are absorbed into the body more. This increases the risk of local side effects such as skin thinning, and those on other parts of the body, such as a decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands. For this reason, continuous, long-term use of this medicine should be avoided wherever possible, particularly in children and on large areas of skin. You should only use airtight dressings over the affected area if instructed by your doctor.

* This preparation is for external use only.

* This medicine should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected area(s).

* Avoid contact of this medicine with the eyes and the moist membranes lining the inside of certain parts of the body, eg mouth, nasal passages (mucous membranes). Rinse with cold water if accidental contact occurs.

* Wash your hands thoroughly after applying this medicine, unless the hands are the area being treated.

* Consult your doctor if there is no improvement in your skin after seven days, or if your skin becomes infected during treatment.

Not to be used in:

* Acne rosacea

* Acne vulgaris

* Children under the age of ten years, except on medical advice

* Infections of the skin with viruses (eg Herpes simplex, chickenpox), fungi (eg thrush, ringworm, athlete's foot) or bacteria (eg impetigo)

* Inflammatory rash around the mouth (perioral dermatitis)

Please read the addition to my blog with regard to hydrocortisone. http://shazabbe.blogspot.com/2004/12/with-...ocortisone.html

It should answer your issue. I did read the package insert before I started. Also at the start of my regime I did plan to use it only for a short period and then to replace it. Please note that my regime is not based solely on hydrocortisone but on a combination of things. I do apply the cream with a makeup sponge so I can have a very thin layer. I will update my blog to let u know what I replaced it with when I do. So far my face is absolutely pimple free and my discolorations are clearing up.

if your skin isnt that bad and its just a few spots. Dont kill your face with too much bp or sylica acid. It will just ruin your face use tea tree oil, emu oil, or even manuka honey gel.

I totally agree with dipitlow, my acne was mild and using all those chemicals just made my face worse. You should try a gentle cleanser like Spectro-jel or dove (my fave) and some tea tree oil to spot treat

Now that I'm zit free. Tomorrow is my routine update. It's now time to change from the hydrocortisone. I have using it for about 2 weeks for to sooth my skin from chemical irritations I had when I started my new acne regime. My updated routine will replace hydrocortisone with FRUIT OF THE EARTH 100% ALOE VERA GEL. Aloe vera works soothes like hydrocortisone, and is known to help acne. 100% Aloe vera gel is best. My skin is now also very soft and mostly clear. I hope this continues. I am so excited. eusa_dance.gif

Here's what cleared my face acne.

Neutrogena Deep clean gentile scrub.

Leave it on your face for like a minute, then wash off.

Dove essential nutrients Toner. It has Vitamin A, E, Green Tea, GrapeSeed and Zinc. Its a non alcohol toner and non comedogenic. Leave the toner on. Dont wash it off.

Neutrogena multi vitamin acne treatment. Its a lotion with lots of vitamins and salicylic acid. This lotion worked great on me. It totally cleared my acne and red spots. Yes I break out once in awhile, but the this is by far the best thing to clear my facial acne.