Notifications
Clear all

acne battle scars

MemberMember
(@buttface)

Posted : 03/18/2019 2:28 am

Hey people of acne.org,

Im going to just keep it short and simple. 20 year old madconfused kid whos at wits end. As a fan ofDr David Lim, he suggested to take my issues to acne.org and reading all these postsfrom acne.org for years I could tell the community here is just wholesome and sincere. Thats why Ive decided to be vulnerable for once and take it here to seek help.

- Ive gone on and offroaccutane twice. Stopped after the 3ish month mark.(because I honestly just felt it wasnt worth it and was doing more harm than good)

- Went to several dermatologists

- am currently using the ordinary :retinoids 5% with squalene, niacinamide, azelaic acid suspension, glycolic acid, L-ascorbic acid powder andthe AHA peel to treat particularly scarring.

Im always conflicted with the types of scarring I have which Im guessing are some rolling scars, icepick and PIE pigmentation? Im definitely not an expertise in this area and was hoping the people here would enlighten this pleb anddiagnose my scars and give me some advice. Thanks in advance to whoevers taking their time actually reading this. *ps I recently had a massive breakout again when after I finally the hellish days are over andthought my skin has given me a break but it has been steadily improving, and also sorry for the horrid sight*

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/18/2019 7:53 am

@buttfaceHi there, I don't see that you have any scarring ( I can diagnosis better once you get the below taken care of), I do see that you have "early scarring (See treatment below)". You have PIE or wounding post acne. In fact I still see some active acne. It is best if you get the acne under control or you will be spreading bacteria or creating more issues. Please see a aesthetic or cosmetic dermatologist for this. I see you stopped Accutane a few times. As such now the acne must be treated or it will simply lead to more scarring. Squalene could be causing a break out, ... see if stopping this does anything.am currently using the ordinaryretinoids 5% with squalene,niacinamide, azelaic acid suspension, glycolic acid, L-ascorbic acid powder andthe AHA peel to treat particularly scarring

[Content removed]

Buttface liked