Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MindfulTiler

Benzoyl Peroxide and Sunbathing

Dear Acne.org community,

I've been on "The Regimen" for about 1,5 years. I live normally in Finland so "sunbathing" isn't really a thing there.;D Now however, I'm on my exchange semester in Italy and I was planning on going on a sun vacation to Sicily in June.

My question is: Is it okay to use benzoyl peroxide 2,5% and sunbathe? I was planning on getting a good tan so this would require approximately 5 hours sunbathing in 30 degrees Celsius for 5 days straight!

Now I do the regimen twice a day - in the mornings and nights. When I go on my sun vacation, should I atleast decrease my routines to only doing The Regimen (Benzoyl Peroxide 2,5%) at night?

I will of course be using sunscreen, but I am simply afraid that the combination of excessive sunbathing and benzoyl peroxide would be way to irritating and really burn my skin!

Thank you in advance, I would be really glad to hear some experience with this problem from the Acne.org community, I know there are a lot of smart people here so I can imagine people have had this issue before. ^_^

Also I wouldnt mind Acne.org support (moderators) expressing their opinions on this matter, even though their answers usually are copy pasted more or less.

Have a nice Sunday! 

Kinds regards,

M

BP makes your skin more sensitive to the sun (upping your risk of a sunburn) so whatever you do, wear SPF 50 and re-apply regularly! Sunbathing is so bad for your skin regardless..if you want the look of tanned skin, getting a spray tan or using a self-applying tanner is the way to go.  Not worth the risk of skin cancer :)