Notifications
Clear all

Scar excision

MemberMember
(@linds293)

Posted : 03/13/2019 2:44 pm

I™ve tried a lot for this scar.. I am looking for excision.. I do not think fat grafting will help.. doctor opinion please.. I™m in Michigan looking for a surgeon to operate on this..

36C074F8-1362-4596-934C-89B454962CFD.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2019 8:03 am

@Linds293The FAQ is in the main scar treatments sub, pinned, ... find the doctors recommendations at the bottom. It looks like a box car, punch excision might work but this is a tricky area. botox is a must. I would only see a plastic surgeon to do a excision. There is facial stress in this area from muscles, arteries, movements, and the forehead heals pretty terrible. Plastic surgeons can be found on realself.com and yelp.

A Alternative to try before cutting is...

A bit of filler can also be done - soft filler, make a bump and press down on it to smooth it out, subcision using that needle, and some laser to smooth the scar wall out.

MemberMember
(@linds293)

Posted : 03/14/2019 7:28 pm

If I dont find someone to do excision would a deep chemical peel help this?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/15/2019 12:16 pm

@Linds293To be clear I would not do excision here. This spot has high traffic, muscle movement, vascularity, etc. Botox is a must! Goto Dr Rullan if you would like to use something like chemical peels and manual techniques.

You can try to peel it yourself, but be aware it will widen a bit which is normal and soften the area if you spot treat it. The forehead heals terribly compared to other parts of the body, ... a bit of filler as I mentioned above would help as well and subcision with the needle used to botox or do filler.

MemberMember
(@linds293)

Posted : 03/16/2019 12:09 am

I wish there was a way around excision like punch grafting but this scar is severe.. if you name it I™ve tried it.. it severely distorts the eyebrows.. I have a surgeon suggesting to convert the scar to an ellipse. I™d be much happier without this huge hole in my forehead.. the incision will run parallel and I™ll get botox to freeze the area so that if I move my face which I probably won™t it won™t affect the healing process.. but honestly I™ll probably just keep putting silicon sheets on it for the first three months or so especially since I have the summer off work. But yes if punch grafting were to be possible I™d have tried it, anything else I™ve tried it. It™s filled up with fat as you can see from fat grafting which looks a bit more natural than the filler I have tried but I mean the fillers may have had more impact yes.. I don™t look very happy as I have been sick and tired of looking for the right surgeon.. it™s been very stressful and I will be happy to finally get this ridiculous looking scar turned into a surgical line!

2523801F-3535-4DF7-8F40-90C61FE23F4F.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/16/2019 10:39 am

@Linds293It actually does not look severe in the picture. Has it been subcised several times? But if you wish to just have a linear scar off to the side of the Glabella there then I understand. You know the risks it sounds like. Please have this done only by a plastic surgeon and goto a few of them for consult, this could be a mess if you just let any Dr do it.

You can look for plastic surgeons on Realself.com