Notifications
Clear all

Should I try chemical peeling even if I have mild acne

MemberMember
(@lily9717)

Posted : 03/11/2019 11:23 am

Hi everyone

So Im a 21 years old woman and Ive had acne since I was 10-11. For years Ive been using kinda agressive creams on my skin that my doctor prescribed me a long time ago. It kinda works but only on short term. I have very sensitive skin and I try to keep a simple routine but since my skin is very reactive, I dont want to try a lot of different products. But Im getting tired of the acne, I have it mostly on my chin and cheeks, it's annoying and it hurts. I also have scars.
Two days ago I went to see a dermatologist to see if they had anything to advise me. The woman I met told me I should try the chemical peeling.
I am wondering if its the best method for me. The moneys not the problem, even if I know how expensive it is. But I only have mild acne and I know chemical peelings are aggressive for the skin, Ive heard it feels like having a big sunburn for 3 months.
So my question is: should I go with it? Or should I wait to see if my skin gets any better with time, since Im still young and my acnes not very intense? Did any of you experience peelings? What do you have to say about it?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@steftacular)

Posted : 05/05/2019 5:18 pm

Chemical peel did nothing for my acne. I don't recommend it. All it does is give you a really horrible chemical burn that causes several layers of the skin to fall off. In the meantime you looks scary, like you're suffering a horrible sunburn. Again I do no recommend. It does nothing to help the acne or address the root cause.