Notifications
Clear all

Different forms of Acne scars

MemberMember
(@alliekirk)

Posted : 03/11/2019 10:04 am

Hi, I™ve posted before, but in the last year I™ve gotten more scars. What type of treatment do you think is best for me. I don™t want to do a treatment if it might make things worse, what is the best treatment for pitted scars, like the ones on my forehead and in between my eyes? 

Also, I™ve been on spironolactone and using epiduo forte. My face has gotten kind of pale, and I get that that™s part of it, but seeing as getting sun is not a good option, does anyone have a self tanner recommendation that won™t break me out? 

4E476F9C-4D93-4D02-8FFC-ACFD6D2D813C.jpeg

92B8D7F5-49B3-4EF5-9867-ECB6AD0FD2A1.jpeg

5DB3A507-AD5F-487F-99DD-981D7B2D4BDF.jpeg

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 04/17/2019 3:50 pm

It looks like you still have some active acne and inflammation. The best thing to do is leave it alone, honestly. Don't put anything weird on your skin, don't do a peel or dermaroll, don't mess with it. Use a light oil-free moisturizer (Clinique makes a few) and wash your skin with tepid water. Avatara makes a hydrating sheet mask that I've found is good for sensitive skin. A tumeric-avocado-honey mask might also be a good option since it's organic and reduces inflammation. Do a test patch before you put it all over your entire face.

The redness left behind from the pimples will fade with time - SUNSCREEN is your best friend right now. The more sun exposure you have, the longer it will take to get rid of those red scars. Always wear SPF 35-50 every day, better yet if your make-up has at least SPF 15 on top of that.

MemberMember
(@juliawrodarczyk)

Posted : 04/18/2019 3:07 am

MemberMember
(@calvinhill)

Posted : 07/18/2019 2:02 am

Hi Allie I know you haven™t posted in while hope everything is good have you done any sort of treatment stay positive your beautiful^_^