Notifications
Clear all

Can anyone tell me what kind of acne I have? Photo included

MemberMember
(@samanthakp6)

Posted : 03/11/2019 5:29 am

Hello! I am 22 years old and have been suffering from acne since I was 12. I™m having trouble figuring out what type of acne I have in order to look up ways to cure it. The break outs on my cheeks have been around for a little over three years and have not improved at all, and recently it has gotten worse. I quit dairy two weeks because it was causing me to have horrible stomach problems; which is now gone but I™m wondering why my skin could get worse, or if it™s a coincidence. I™d love to know any information as to what type of acne I have and how to treat it! Thank you. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/30/2019 6:44 pm

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I see inflammatory acne, no cysts. I get the same kind for the most part. Quitting dairy is great but it may not be the only diet related change you may need to make. Sometimes gluten, sugar and soy can be an issue as well. How's your lifestyle: stress, exercise, etc.

As for treating this, you can go to a dermatologist and have them prescribe a regimen for you. I find that over the counter stuff never worked for me personally. Differin is the exception and is now available without a prescription.

Take a look at the other treatment options in the forum

Best of Luck!!!!

MemberMember
(@lavenderhummingbird)

Posted : 09/26/2019 9:29 am

@Samanthakp6I doubt cutting out dairy would cause a breakout by itself, but maybe your body is just adjusting to differences. I've been told that diet has a ton to do with acne and that's seemed true to me. I have a dairy intolerance and dairy tears up my gut as well as causing awful acne. But like @leelowe1said, for you it might be something else you need to change in your diet. Everybody's bodies respond differently to things.My doc told me that the shape of your gut can be reflected in your skin, so if your gut isn't feeling so great, it would make sense that your skin is unhappy too. Also, when I cut out dairy, it took a little while to see the difference in my skin - I think it was about a monthbefore I noticed real results. Don't give up & good luck with everything!