Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jamescharles

My skin is red and dry and it looks like it got burnt from tretinoin

Posted (edited)

74D0FCAF-801A-4CD1-A164-5334FCBE9FDA.thumb.jpeg.30f0e2e5748f07e4e652bb7a72d2f837.jpegAD715E16-FAD0-4869-B866-39A77A11BB51.thumb.jpeg.d0e468e5ff0cd32e15311c55c64a40a3.jpegHi guys 

i just got off of accutane a couple of weeks ago, and my derm prescribed me stieva-a tretinoin cream for my acne scars and to make sure i didn’t get more acne. she said it wouldn’t make my skin very dry. i naturally have combination skin with occasional dry patches. after 2 days of using this cream, my face got all dry so i stopped using it. the day after, i had some very noticeable dry red patches. i was supposed to go out with friends and had to cancel because i couldn’t get foundation on it. now today, the day after, i was supposed to go to something important, but i had huge red dry patches all over my face. it’s in all the spots i put the cream. it looks like i got burnt and it’s disgusting. someone please help

Edited by jamescharles
i don’t want this post up

what does the medical leaflet which came with this product to say about side-effects ?

your  probably best going to your dermatologist about this problem.

Twice that. You probably should contact your dermatologist.
It seems to me that you might have an allergic reaction to it, though I'm not a med.