Notifications
Clear all

What type of alcohol is best when you have acne?

MemberMember
(@milan590)

Posted : 03/09/2019 11:30 am

Hi. I know the best thing to do is avoid all types of alcohol when you have acne.. But sometimes i like todrink anyways and everytime i wake up the day after i gotnew spots and pimples. I use to drink beers, rom & coke and other bad stuff like vodka & redbull so i mean its not a suprise when i wakeup next morning with bad skin.. Butthis weekend i only drinkvodka & soda water (no flavour/suger)with some sliced lemon and it actually was pretty good and the next day i woke up with much better skin then i use to have when i drink!

So to my questions.

-Do you guys have good or bad experience when it comes to alcohol and acne? Let me know about it!

-Do you have tips or recepies on drinks or maybe know whatkind of alkohol/drinksthat cause acne more then others?

-Ive also heard that gluten free beer its better then regular beer but i dont know if thatstrue.

-Alot of people say that wine is the best to drink when you have acne while others say this is the worst to drink. What are your experience?

And last but not least i know that alcohol in bigger amounts gonna trig your skin anyway so try to take it easy and maybe drink every other water?

Thanks!

And also sorry for bad english.

MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 03/09/2019 12:20 pm

For whatever reason I like rum best when it comes to acne, but I could also see a few benefits of red wine

Milan590 liked
MemberMember
(@milan590)

Posted : 03/09/2019 1:00 pm

What brand do you drink when it comes to rum? And do you drink it clean or do you mix it with something? I like whiskey but i doesnt know so much of rum except these rum & coke drinksyou order in the bar.. and do you break out if you drink others then rum or red wine?

MemberMember
(@milan590)

Posted : 03/10/2019 8:15 am

Any tips?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 03/11/2019 8:16 am

i know its not good but i like vodka and energy drinks.. but too much vodka makes me feel really depressed for the next few days.

MemberMember
(@carter-h146)

Posted : 03/13/2019 8:33 pm

I am not entirely sure if any alcohol is better than others when it comes to acne, but of course alcohol dehydrates your body so I would advise to drink plenty of water before, during and after drinking alcohol, drinking plenty of water throughout the day really does help your skin.

MemberMember
(@j_kimberly)

Posted : 03/14/2019 1:03 am

I have been drinking Bragg's apple cider vinegar for some time now, and have never had a breakout from it. Also have friends who drink it with no problem. Can't guarantee though that something that works for me will be harmless for you as well. Alcohol affect people differently.

There's little evidence to show that drinking alcohol causes acne, but in general: 
- Alcohol does affect your immune system and your immune system is what helps fight the acne bacteria
- Alcohol affects your hormone level. A big cause for acne is an imbalance in you're testosterone levels 
- Don't forget that your liver is important in maintaining clear skin 

So stay safe and try to hydrate yourself throughout the day before drinking :)