Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am struggling hardcore with my skin, and at this point, I don't know what to do. I'm 19 and have had cystic acne for years, and have yet to find a skincare routine that works for me. My skin is fairly sensitive, but the acne is out of control. I am desperate for any advice on products that won't break the bank but will really help my skin's appearance. If you guys could *please* give me your best recommendations, I would be so appreciative. I don't have any products that I swear by; I'm looking to start completely fresh. I have some pictures attached for reference. Thank you in advance!!!

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

Hi love,

Unblemish by Rodan+Fields saved my skin! It is on the pricey side, but it's the only thing that worked for me. Literally transformed my skin! 

Your skin looks very similar to mine. I was just diagnosed with hormonal acne. My testosterone is really high. I was prescribed spironolactone and just started it today. I was told to only use a gentle cleanser (Dove or Cetaphil) and use Differen once a day, nothing else topical. 

Have you asked your doc to do any blood work to see if your hormones are in check? Might be worth a shot. 

I have PCOS and the only thing that saved me was Androcur. My hormones are completely crazy without it and I am about to go crazy as well.

I am 2 1/2  months in my use of spironolactone and birth control for hormonal acne.  It takes 3 months to really work I've heard and true to form, I am just seeing positive changes in the last 2 days. I also now use finacea gel (prescription) 2x's a day and I think the combo of spironolactone,  beyaz birth control,  and finacea have finally given me some progress. Stay strong and go see a dermatologist armed with the knowledge of what you want to try...don't leave it up to the dermatologist!