Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
liiiizs

Treatment for cortisone atrophy

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone. So I had some cystic acne a few months ago and I got several cortisone injections...mainly in one area on my forehead. Now I've been dealing with some deep atrophy for about six weeks. I'm exploring my options as to what to do. I've been getting microneedling, so the aesthetician doing that recommended sticking with that without any fillers. There seems to be a minor difference in the atrophy, but not much. Another doctor recommended botox with filler. I know fillers can have side effects...just want to see what anyone's experience with this has been so I can make the best decision (I'm a bit skeptical about aestheticians and doctors offering expensive services to make money).

Edited by liiiizs

Posted (edited)

Hi @liiiizs, have you been seeing progress with your atrophy? 

I recently had a deep atrophy after getting a cortisone shot injected that appeared over a month ago. I was devastated after it sunk in and left me with a deep dent (bigger than my cyst) that I figured would stay on my face for months. 

I’ve found products that’ve (almost) healed the deep crevice, so I figured I’d drop them for you, seeing as they were relatively cheap and didn’t require surgery or fillers.

• Doctors Best: Collagen Types 1 and 3 with Peptan 1000 mg tablets (taking two pills twice a day)

• Dr. Christopher’s Complete Bone & Tissue 440 mg tablets (taking two pills twice a day)

• Dr. Christopher’s Complete Bone & Tissue topical ointment (applying/massing into the dent at night)

Keep in mind this has helped my face TREMENDOUSLY in just three weeks, see attached for my progress photo. 

I hope these suggestions help, or that you’re on your way to healing fast! I really think having time and patience with skin is key to seeing results. Best of luck. 

690C3D5E-5C54-4A21-98F7-D9E162A3C11C.jpeg

Edited by NextDefinition