Notifications
Clear all

IPL Treatment For Acne Scarring

MemberMember
(@jakebcfc)

Posted : 03/05/2019 5:35 am

Hello, I am booked to have IPL laser treatment this week and wondering if anyones had it done before? My acne scarring is more redness on my cheeks and beside my eyes. Im just worried that the laser treatment may cause the redness to get worse. If anyone has any advice on this it would be much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/05/2019 8:33 am

@JakebcfcHi Jake this actually is not scarring it's wounding post acne called PIE. The body is very slow to heal actually taking a year for some, or those who have other issues like Rosacea have a ongoing issue. Creams wit Silicone in them are helpful for this. Light peels like Glycolic can also be hellpful. The most effective is vascular laser, in your case you decided to do IPL. Itwill not cause the redness to get worse, ... only during the healing phase will you have some swelling and bruising. IPL must be done by someone who is very experienced, especially between the eyes, this area is sensitive with veins - yours eyes. Ask them how many procedures they have done, qualifications. If they will shield your eyes, how many treatment do they think you need, ... what if it goes wrong would you then do vascular laser or have to goto another location who has alternatives. It does take many treatments.For instance in some the IPL might not work and then we try V-beam laser. But if they are qualified start with the IPL. The only time I have seen it get worse or flare is rosacea, and then they will give you a medication along with treatment.

Going to move this to the hyperpigmentation section, ... please read the FAQ for hyperpigmentation, click on that at the top of your post and then find the pinned topic with info.

MemberMember
(@jakebcfc)

Posted : 03/05/2019 12:44 pm

Thank you @beautifulambition

I have attached some photos so you can see my condition. Do you think creams may help this redness over time? If so, is there any you™d recommend? Thanks! 

751AE0AA-C275-4375-88D2-282E59B6EA59.jpeg

A42EAC80-DA6E-4FC5-8B3B-69183BF76B7B.jpeg

77B7B5F7-4005-410B-ACE7-DBBAE082971F.jpeg

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 03/08/2019 11:32 pm

Hi. I go for IPL to help heal post acneic red marks. In my 30s, all I had to use was zincofax cream and spot treat the red marks and within days they'd go away but in my late 40s such is not the case. The IPL is my saving grace. Immediately after treatment your face feels warm to the touch and the spots treated will look more red like that of a sunburn but will fade within within a few hours. Any redness I have had went away within a month of IPL

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/09/2019 2:59 pm

@JakebcfcSorry I did not respond back to you sooner, pm me next time, don't check this forumoften. I would take a look at the first post pinned in the hyperpigmentation sub called FAQ, several videos there.

If you mean red PIE by your temples it might, but it will take a long time. But if you mean the red rosacea or flushing, that is a job for vascular laser or IPL.

Try the silicone creams or patches for scars on the temples if you wish first. Retin a or tretinorin also can help with cell turnover. But not for the overall redness. Please see a board certified Dr to confirm treatment.