Notifications
Clear all

Ten years battling with acne + scars

MemberMember
(@fraeith)

Posted : 03/03/2019 5:44 pm

Any kind soul to guide me what kind of scar treatment i need? A 30 year asian (singapore) female, i have hormonal acne and tend to have dark pigmentation as well. 

IMG_20190303_233858.jpg

IMG20190303232235.jpg

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 03/03/2019 8:05 pm

I see mostly boxcars and icepick scars, and some mild rolling scars. I think TCA/Phenol cross would benefit you most, and is cost effective. Subcision will help break up any fibrotic strands underneath the scars as well, particularly any rolling.

More expensive option is RF microneedling with Infini/Genius.

Fraeith liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/04/2019 9:10 am

@FraeithHi there you have a few things going on Rolling scars, sharp box cars, Ice picks, discoloration.I can't tell if there is active acne but if so this needs to be under control before you start treatment or your skin can become worse.

Several sessions of subcision 4 sessions. Most of the scars look superficial so filler may not be appropriate as it can cause bumps.

Several sessions of tca cross for the smaller icepicks.

[Content removed]

Fraeith liked
MemberMember
(@fraeith)

Posted : 03/04/2019 11:27 pm

Thank you do much! There seem to be so much procedures that would seem costly. But appreciate both your help and the amazing works you all do helping people with this deabiliting skin issue(:

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/05/2019 8:41 am

@FraeithIf you do not have that much money, ... save throughout the year, subcision is cheap with Chinese cupping (you do this at home). You can do monthly while you save dermastamping alternating with light peels (see the chemical peel guide in the scar treatments sub). But you must get the acne under control as we don't want to spread bacteria and make it worse. Energy devices are most expensive, do them at the end when you save up if needed.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/08/2019 11:04 pm

On 3/4/2019 at 11:27 PM, Fraeith said:

Thank you do much! There seem to be so much procedures that would seem costly. But appreciate both your help and the amazing works you all do helping people with this deabiliting skin issue(:

Reach out to Dr. Justin Boey. He will fix it.