Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
49ersFan

Phenol across/Suction question

Hey all I just had my 2nd round of subcision, cross, and microneedling.  This time around my scabs from phenol cross are coming off rather quickly, I got the procedure on Thursday and it’s Saturday and 50% seems have fallen off, seems like after a shower tomorrow another 30/40% will be off, the first time around my scabs didn’t fall off until day 5-6.  Is there anything to be concerned about here, may cause more hyperpigmentation? Also a quick question for suctioning after the scabs falls off, do you have to bruise in order for suctioning to be effective or can you lightly suction where your face just becomes slightly red? Thanks in advance! 

@49ersFan I would not worry about it as long as you did not speed up their falling off. I would never for instance put the shower directly on the scabs till they healed naturally. Instead choosing to splash water - not go under the shower. Anything can cause hyperpigmentation, ... wear sunscreen! Hopefully you prepped ahead of time with a tretinorin or retin-a. 

Do not suction your scab areas as they are still fresh it sounds like and need some more healing, if you must very light pressure. No one does not have to bruise, you can control the suction amount, ... yes many do bruise but it's not necessary and hard handed often with those controlling the amount (do half pumps if needed). IF there are any lumps or excessive bruising stop immediately and let it heal, then start when it has gone down. Typically it is done for a month, post.  

You can lightly suction, but there should be enough temporary blood that comes to the area to see some redness for a hour plus time.

Once the scabs are off 2 weeks after the procedure, ...

Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural option as listed above is better or ingredients kojic acid/Konjac and skin lightener ingredients, like Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin, Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only physical ones)!