Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello there! 
I'm really confused if I'm experiencing purging or just keep irritating my skin...
I've recently started using Mandelic acid 10% + HA, in hopes of getting rid of my closed comedones on the chin and stubborn occasional breakouts on cheeks and chin
My skin is really sensitive and I've decided to start with a mild acid first. I've also changed all of my skincare to avene (moisturizer and serum, toner) and uriage (milk cleanser) to minimize the possibility of irritation, as well as paying attention to makeup ingredients and what I eat. 

I've been using it since 06.02 so 18 days passed by now. My skin isn't red nor itchy, my comedones are still closed but they are much more visible and close to the surface, I got A LOT of red spots everywhere and bumps (even on my forehead which had always been the clearest part of my face), as well as sometimes painful acne on my chin and cheeks, which heel okay tho.
i'm scared of ruining my skin in hopes of it being a purge. It doesn't look too bad in the photos, but it's much more visible irl. ANY opinion is highly appreciated. Thank you

NewCanvas31.png

NewCanvas312.png

NewCanvas3123.png