Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnThegreat

SEVERE ACNE SCARS AND LOOKING FOR BETTER TREATMENT

I THINK I AM LOSING HOPE FOR MY CASE. :smileys_n_people_41:

I got a mild to moderate case of acne scars, "scars that are very visible to day light, and very severe under the sunlight." I am 26 years old, Asian ethnicity and Male. I used to have a baby face but now I feel so ugly all the time. if there is anyone out here knows the right treatment I should get for this that would be a very big help. I know I came to the right community who will help someone with acne and stuff. 

20190224_185524.jpg

20190224_185544.jpg

20190224_185557.jpg

20190224_185628.jpg

20190224_185704.jpg

20190224_185725.jpg

20190224_185745.jpg

20190224_185826.jpg

20190224_185841.jpg

20190224_185854.jpg

20190224_185922.jpg

20190224_185935.jpg

@JohnThegreat

Hi there I don't think you have severe scars more moderate. I help worse cases daily.

Hi There, you have widespread rolling scars mainly, some box cars, and some icepicks with fat loss and hyperpigmentation.

It will take many treatments to deal with these scars, but you can do them over time, ... some only have enough money to treat once a year and that's fine too.

* Subcision 6-8 sessions (many sessions are needed), w/ filler offers the best results. For your case I would say over dilute sculptra is a must. You have widespread scars and fat loss, this helps with both and is long lasting. It can be injected at the begging of subcisions, and then you don't need filler again until you need a top up with HA filler for the pits latter on in th treatment. They inject it over dilute with saline again so it's thinner all over under the scars cheeks, temples. etc... It stimulates collagen growth. 
* TCA Cross for icepicks, several sessions, this is done with the subcsions most of the time as long as they use a cannula to do subcison, otherwise they may seperate the treatment. 
* RF needling several sessions mixed between your subcisons, and later on fractional CO2 3-7% density with the highest power to the scar walls or border of your scars.
* Several TCA peels to soften the texture, once you raised everything, or a fully ablative erbium laser resurfacing (Sciton).
* Any redness or hyperpigmentation discoloration: vascular laser or for ethnic skin picosure/picoway/picotech stimulates collagen as well.
* At home I want you to dermastamp your scars monthly in between Dr's treatments. 

** Everything depends on your bodies ability to heal / your surgeons skill, it's variable % of outcome, if you heal poorly or are overly sensitive (skin) please don't micro needle.

** All treatments - 3 months apart (drs often tell you to do them more often but the skin does not heal like this, it's verrrrry slow to heal. Always best to observe what works and what does not. Also It is advantageous for Drs to do quicker treatments as swelling hides scars and gives them quicker $$$$. Everything is optional, stop whenever your satisfied. 

** Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural option as listed above is better or ingredients kojic acid/Konjac and skin lightener ingredients, like Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin, Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only physical ones)!

** At Home or budget friendly alternatives are monthly "Derminator" (Google It) also known as dermastamping your individual scars and you can alternate with Glycolic peels or TCA Peels. Please the see how to guide pinned at the top of the scar treatments sub called "FAQ", goto acids section and click the mega-link. Subcision W/ Chinese Cupping is also very affordable even if you do only one every year with your at home DIY plan.

8 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@JohnThegreat

Hi there I don't think you have severe scars more moderate. I help worse cases daily.

Hi There, you have widespread rolling scars mainly, some box cars, and some icepicks with fat loss and hyperpigmentation.

It will take many treatments to deal with these scars, but you can do them over time, ... some only have enough money to treat once a year and that's fine too.

* Subcision 6-8 sessions (many sessions are needed), w/ filler offers the best results. For your case I would say over dilute sculptra is a must. You have widespread scars and fat loss, this helps with both and is long lasting. It can be injected at the begging of subcisions, and then you don't need filler again until you need a top up with HA filler for the pits latter on in th treatment. They inject it over dilute with saline again so it's thinner all over under the scars cheeks, temples. etc... It stimulates collagen growth. 
* TCA Cross for icepicks, several sessions, this is done with the subcsions most of the time as long as they use a cannula to do subcison, otherwise they may seperate the treatment. 
* RF needling several sessions mixed between your subcisons, and later on fractional CO2 3-7% density with the highest power to the scar walls or border of your scars.
* Several TCA peels to soften the texture, once you raised everything, or a fully ablative erbium laser resurfacing (Sciton).
* Any redness or hyperpigmentation discoloration: vascular laser or for ethnic skin picosure/picoway/picotech stimulates collagen as well.
* At home I want you to dermastamp your scars monthly in between Dr's treatments. 

** Everything depends on your bodies ability to heal / your surgeons skill, it's variable % of outcome, if you heal poorly or are overly sensitive (skin) please don't micro needle.

** All treatments - 3 months apart (drs often tell you to do them more often but the skin does not heal like this, it's verrrrry slow to heal. Always best to observe what works and what does not. Also It is advantageous for Drs to do quicker treatments as swelling hides scars and gives them quicker $$$$. Everything is optional, stop whenever your satisfied. 

** Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural option as listed above is better or ingredients kojic acid/Konjac and skin lightener ingredients, like Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin, Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only physical ones)!

** At Home or budget friendly alternatives are monthly "Derminator" (Google It) also known as dermastamping your individual scars and you can alternate with Glycolic peels or TCA Peels. Please the see how to guide pinned at the top of the scar treatments sub called "FAQ", goto acids section and click the mega-link. Subcision W/ Chinese Cupping is also very affordable even if you do only one every year with your at home DIY plan.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! THAT IS A VERY BIG HELP. but, I have a question.. I know my face will never be back to the way it was, but can I at least get an 80-90% improvement with my case?

@JohnThegreat You will not have glass smooth skin unless it's some miracle. On average after all that you get 50% healing, if you heal well. Subcision w/ sculptra will help the most for your case. It just takes time and many treatments. If you get more great. I am not going to guarantee perfection as we are improving and softening scars not removing them. Have faith, 50% many would be happy with as the scars would look good at conversational distances. 

5 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@JohnThegreat You will not have glass smooth skin unless it's some miracle. On average after all that you get 50% healing, if you heal well. Subcision w/ sculptra will help the most for your case. It just takes time and many treatments. If you get more great. I am not going to guarantee perfection as we are improving and softening scars not removing them. Have faith, 50% many would be happy with as the scars would look good at conversational distances. 

yeah. I'd be happy without anyone noticing this in conversational distance. but first I guess I need to embrace them because if I dont, I maybe ended up disappointed with treatments if they wont work well. :) 

@JohnThegreat Can you tell me why you continue to bump your post? 

You have been given a full plan to take care of your scars. I don't understand what you need besides that. IF you do not like the advice please goto any board certified dermatologist who will treat you with lasers for your scars. If you feel the above is not affordable then save up monthly to do at least once or two - subcisons a year, with Chinese cupping. You can dermastamp at home and alternate with peels like glycolic or tca (read the guide in the main scar treatments forum). Laser or RF microneedling is the most expensive and can be done further down the line if you have some money.

It seems you need to as you said "but first I guess I need to embrace them because if I don't, I maybe ended up disappointed with treatments if they wont work well. :) "

Yes I think your biggest issue is internal scars and some talk therapy may help you deal with the pain from your scars. That would be more beneficial to you than scar treatment itself. I cannot say how you will heal as you have never done a procedure. Expect only 50% improvement if you do all the above, ... don't want you to be disappointed, if you get more great. It's a long drawn out journey. 

20 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@JohnThegreat Can you tell me why you continue to bump your post? 

You have been given a full plan to take care of your scars. I don't understand what you need besides that. IF you do not like the advice please goto any board certified dermatologist who will treat you with lasers for your scars. If you feel the above is not affordable then save up monthly to do at least once or two - subcisons a year, with Chinese cupping. You can dermastamp at home and alternate with peels like glycolic or tca (read the guide in the main scar treatments forum). Laser or RF microneedling is the most expensive and can be done further down the line if you have some money.

Yes I think your biggest issue is internal scars and some talk therapy may help you deal with the pain from your scars. That would be more beneficial to you than scar treatment itself. I cannot say how you will heal as you have never done a procedure. Expect only 50% improvement if you do all the above, ... don't want you to be disappointed, if you get more great. It's a long drawn out journey. 

I am so sorry for this. But I just desperately need in help. if you know the feeling of being helpless and cannot do anything but just to rely on this forum you will understand me. yes I got noted the treatments you just posted and I will take them sooner. I just need time and money of course! JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU AGAIN!