Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KarenM

If I don't pop the acne, it stays for literally 6 weeks or more!

I am trying desperately not to pick or pop anything.  It is so hard when I have abstained from it and the pimple stays there, red and gross, for 2,3,6,7 weeks! No kidding.  I will religiously put acne spot treatment  (emu aid, or Aztec mask, etc..) every night and no difference.  I pray for strength and hope and healing:( does anyone else have this problem? 

are you talking about a spot or cyst?

"red and gross" , it sounds like the products your using daily, could be causing  prolonged irritation.  

also I assume you're aware of post acne marks?

I have the same problem. I try to leave it be but it stays for so long that I end up totally destroying my skin. I dont know which is worse: the big gross zit or the big patch of damaged skin?

4 hours ago, MrBakery said:

are you talking about a spot or cyst?

"red and gross" , it sounds like the products your using daily, could be causing  prolonged irritation.  

also I assume you're aware of post acne marks?

I am aware and have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  The spots I am referring to are both cystic and regular pimple1/2s.  It is from my hormone issue not my products.  I am on spironolactone and beyaz birth control for it and after 2 and a half months it finally seems like the acne is slowing.  

I have learned that my skin will heal faster if I pop it rather than letting it sit on my face. My cysts and even regular zits would stay FOREVER if I didn’t squeeze them. Once I put a pin in it and got the junk out, it’s ugly for about three days and then everything Is good! I use the Burt’s bees nourishing skin oil for post acne hyperpigmentation. Works really well for me.