Notifications
Clear all

Downtime for subcision and TCA cross?

MemberMember
(@pizzaguy)

Posted : 02/22/2019 11:11 pm

Could I have both done on a Friday and resume work on a Monday and not look bad?

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 02/23/2019 1:51 am

No, youll need a few more days than that. It did mine in January with Dr Rullanon a Thursday and returned back to work next the Thursday. Depending on how aggressive the treatment and how well you heal, there will be swelling and bruising for weeks, but most of it wont be noticeable by others after the first week. The redness can be covered up somewhat by a tinted sunscreen or moisturizer without it looking like makeup. Hope that helps!

ScarRight and HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/23/2019 10:39 am

@PizzaguyWhile we are all different, recovery, swelling, healing, etc... That is pushing it. Swelling for many is a week, ... others multiple weeks. Some are ok with going back to work with subcision. The Cross with make red areas as it's healing, this is normal, as super said you can use dermablend which is medical concealer at any dept store to spot treat, or tinted sunscreen. Cross takes a long time to heal as the skin slowly generates collagen (healing the wound).

I think it would be best to at least have 4 days, and preferably more time. The first time will tell you how you heal and you can gauge sensitivity for the future.You can always do subcsiion, and not cross if you want to go back to work quickly, and add it in with time as many need 3-8 sessions of subcision.

HopeNew liked