Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mamm2

Dr. Griffin in Atlanta

Anybody have personal experience with seeing Dr. Griffin with Dermatology Associates of Atlanta for Subcision? He does owe the website, but I really can’t find any info on Realself nor on this site. 

I have 4 very shalllow boxcars scars on my cheek and two above my lip. I would love to get them addressed. 

I have done 4 microneesling with no PRP and they have improved tremendously. I plan on doing another treatment with PRP. 

Thank you

Edited by Mamm2

@Mamm2 I just added a bunch of general derms to that list who do subcision as a courtesy took me hrs and hrs ;-). Griffin seemed ok, check out the link, 2nd paragraph says subcision. No one would have experience as of yet with him as he is a recent addition that was given to me, ... check out yelp. Call the office and ask for before and afters. The idea of adding general derms to the list is subcision is very very hard to find. Even if you like another Dr for your laser needs, he does subcision so it's a start if he is willing to do this procedure... Many Dr's start with laser. Call his office and see if he will do subcision on you and I would just arrange a consult to see if you even like him. I always advise seeing 3 drs and picking one. Plastics are good as well. Not all great Drs are on real self. That is a self promotion platform as you know. Some Dr's don't even use social media. I give you questions to ask them above that recommendations list to check them out (in your consult, even if you have to pay for it).

This is a hard area to treat, above the lip. Botox might be necessary, ask about this. I have not seen your picture to give you advice but box cars, ... if they are tiny paint on tca can be done to them (3 coats), subcision, rf needling, and or optional co2 laser to the border of the scars to soften them. Acid peels or laser resurfacing is done if needed at the end. The whole process can take a bit of time I suggest 3 months between treatments, Dr's will tell you a month and this is NOT how we heal, but quicker money for them. You can derminator the scars at home especially the single needle attachement to the scar borders between your Dr's treatments monthly. Everything is optional. Stop when you want.   

Thank you so much for your response. I am not good with technology. I cannotbfind the list of physicians in the FAQ...I see tthe man og questions and answers but not a list or spreadsheet? 

I included oictures. They look worse in person not sure why I could not capture the severity but I do have an old phone. I have 5 orr boxcars on cheeks and two above lip., Thank you!

Edited by Mamm2

On 2/22/2019 at 7:47 AM, Mamm2 said:

Anybody have personal experience with seeing Dr. Griffin with Dermatology Associates of Atlanta for Subcision? He does owe the website, but I really can’t find any info on Realself nor on this site. 

I have 4 very shalllow boxcars scars on my cheek and two above my lip. I would love to get them addressed. 

I have done 4 microneesling with no PRP and they have improved tremendously. I plan on doing another treatment with PRP. 

Thank you

I did subcision with Dr. Griffin. He was great. Think you need more than just subcision, Possibly TCA and a filler. 

Thank you Binga! Did you do the TCA and filler with Dr. Griffin? How many subcisuons did you have done ?  I just started my reading, but I imagined it would be one visit and he could do all 4-5 boxcars and then healing time? 

How long did it take  to heal? Sorry for all of the questions. This forum is great for reading, but also overwhelming! LOL

Edited by Mamm2

6 hours ago, Mamm2 said:

Thank you Binga! Did you do the TCA and filler with Dr. Griffin? How many subcisuons did you have done ?  I just started my reading, but I imagined it would be one visit and he could do all 4-5 boxcars and then healing time? 

How long did it take  to heal? Sorry for all of the questions. This forum is great for reading, but also overwhelming! LOL

No i did fat grafting with 1 subcision and Infini later. Took around a week to heal. Don't think he does TCA cross. 

@Mamm2 Hi there thank you for providing the pictures, that helps.

For the list of Dr's goto the top of this post (scroll up) click scar treatments, that is the main fourm for scars. At the top should be pinned the FAQ, At the bottom of that mega guide are the Dr's. The link is also in my signature below all posts, but some people cannot see it on their phones. Sounds like your all set with Griffin for everything except cross wich you can do elsewhere or find someone else.

The scars look like boxcars and icepicks, perhaps a few rolling scars.

Here is a treatment plan.

* Subcision 3-8 sessions, w/ filler offers the best results.   
* TCA Cross for icepicks and paint on tca to the box cars (3 coats of tca to the boxcar floor only). This can be combine with the subcsion if you wish.
* RF needling works great on boxcars and protects the epidermis, a few sessions are needed space those between the subcsiions, if you need more of a boost (more improvement) you do 3-7% density and the highest power CO2 on the box cars, especially the scar walls to soften them.
* Several TCA peels to soften the texture, once you raised everything, or a fully ablative erbium laser resurfacing (Sciton), J plasma, or a Phenol Deep Peel.
* Any redness or hyperpigmentation discoloration: vascular laser or for ethnic skin picosure/picoway/picotech stimulates collagen as well.

* You may microneedle between Dr's visits at home once a month, ... the Derminator is great to the scar walls only of the boxcars using the single needle attachment.

** Everything depends on your bodies ability to heal / your surgeons skill, it's variable % of outcome, if you heal poorly or are overly sensitive (skin) please don't micro needle.

** All treatments - 3 months apart (drs often tell you to do them more often but the skin does not heal like this, it's verrrrry slow to heal. Always best to observe what works and what does not. Also It is advantageous for Drs to do quicker treatments as swelling hides scars and gives them quicker $$$$. Everything is optional.

** Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural option as listed above is better or ingredients kojic acid/Konjac and skin lightener ingredients, like Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin, Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only physical ones)!

** At Home or budget friendly alternatives are monthly "Derminator" (Google It) also known as dermastamping your individual scars and you can alternate with Glycolic peels or TCA Peels. Please the see how to guide pinned at the top of the scar treatments sub called "FAQ", goto acids section and click the mega-link. Subcision W/ Chinese Cupping is also very affordable even if you do only one every year with your at home DIY plan.