Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

I never thought this would Happen Again

So,

My friends wanted to introduce me to this cute musician. He saw a picture of me and said, "Ahh...these latinas. They have perfect skin. I bet she's never had a pimple in her life!"

When I heard him say that, I almost died of laughter. Holy accutane, holy Revlon Batman. Now, it's hilarious. You see? There is hope. I never thought i'd hear the words "perfect skin" again.

eusa_dance.gif

Congrats, that's fantastic!!

Do you know what's hilarious. Just about half an hour ago, I was on my way to get my blood test for Accutane (of all things... ah, the irony) and I had to stop to get gas. Well after I was just about done, the gas attendant came up to me and said, "I hope you don't mind me saying...but you are drop dead gorgeous".

I was thinking, WHAT?! I have a horrible head cold right now, had swept my unbrushed hair back into a bun and slathered on some Revlon - def. not my best makeup job, and not even any mascara! Needless to say I was taken aback. But it definitely made my day!

Yay for compliments smile.gif Gotta love the Tane smile.gif

Mae

GO: This is wonderful news. I am so happy for you, your progress with Accutane and your Revelon expertise! I love hearing good things like this but not as much as I am sure you do. So - - are you going out on a date? I was just thinking the other day how hot musicians are. You Go, GO!

Mae: I am certain that you looked beautiful that day countless of how you felt.

I think so many of us keep forgetting that the world is actually able to look beyond our acne. We are just so focused on it that we think it is all anyone sees.

I hope the compliments keep coming and keep getting better for all of us!!! eusa_dance.gif

Hey ladies - tell about his Revlon again. I'm trying to get info. What is it EXACTLY that you use? Hey, congrats on the compliments. That's so much fun!!!

My boyfriend compliments me, but that doesn't count.....it's his job to make me feel better. Kidding, he's sweet.

I actually had a guy ask me out during the worst part of my initial breakout while I was working my second job (grocery store). My manager let me work night crew because I was so self-conscious (she's an angel eusa_angel.gif ). I didn't know the guys since usually I work during the days on the weekend. He was flirting with me all night and asked me out at the end of my shift. I was so self conscious everytime he talked to me because I wasn't wearing any make-up and my face was so red and inflammed. I thought to myself what was he thinking....well I must have an amazing personality because I looked hideous.

Hi everyone,

Boston you asked for a good makeup - everyone was talking about Revlon. I also have a great makeup for skin. Believe it or not, my son uses it (he would kill me for saying that!). He puts on a tiny, tiny drop on areas that have a little bit of a breakout or slight redness, and its like magic, it looks flawless. Noone would ever ever know he has anything on his face. Its called Neostrata Exuviance Skin Caring Foundation SPF15. I buy it at Sephora. I also use it and believe me it works great. The colors are very realistic and it isnt greasy or oily at all. The salesperson in Sephora turned me on to it. She said her son and daughter also were on accutane and now use it too. Its better than a concealer that is greasy and oily. Good luck to all!

Hey Boston, when I personally say "my Revlon", I'm talking about my foundation which is Revlon Colorstay. There are two types of Colorstay, an original version, and a "Stay Natural" version, I've used both and they're pretty similar, but I think the original gives a little bit better coverage. It doesn't break me out and the colour actually matches my Caucasian-yet-olive skin tone.

I think that GO uses a different Revlon foundation... Revlon kicks ass as far as department store foundations are concerned! Well, in my opinion smile.gif

Mae