Notifications
Clear all

I want to share my experience with acne treatments

MemberMember
(@looneytunes)

Posted : 02/21/2019 6:43 am

During these years, I have tried many treatments (creams, masks, aspirators, supplements, oils, etc.) and I have come to a conclusion that I do not say it's valid for everyone but it could help.

Every treatment I've ever tried has turned out to be effective only for a certain period of time. It's like if the skin gets used to what you are using and the more you use it the less it is effective.

Sometimes some treatments don't only lose their effectiveness but can also make the situation worse after

The only effective thing that will always work for me is an healthy diet

I'd like to know if this happens to you too and if there's a product/treatment that is always effective no matter how many times you use it. Thanks

MemberMember
(@ksachin377)

Posted : 02/22/2019 6:47 am

Maintaining a healthy diet can prove boonto acne treatment. Adding foods rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, Antioxidants & Zinc to your diet surely help to heal acne.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/22/2019 7:05 am

I agree. Things always start out very promising but then diminish. It's frustrating.

MemberMember
(@looneytunes)

Posted : 02/24/2019 7:05 pm

Yeah, I've also found helpful to keep my phone, towels, pillowcases clean and to never touch my face especially with dirty hands.

Also, despite what most people say, I think that some pimples must be popped, they won't go away otherwise

And trying always to avoid or to be less stressed can do wonders

MemberMember
(@therealoji)

Posted : 02/24/2019 10:52 pm

Did you try the acne.org regimen? I am sure that diet is a key player for acne. It only makes sense that toxins trigger certain hormones in our bodies.

For me, seems like the combination of retin-a micro .04% and benzoyl peroxide wash works well for keeping my acne at bay. But to your point, I have only been doing this for a month (I've had acne for 7 years now). So perhaps the effectiveness of this regimen will wear off.

MemberMember
(@looneytunes)

Posted : 02/25/2019 8:37 am

9 hours ago, theRealOJi said:

Did you try the acne.org regimen? I am sure that diet is a key player for acne. It only makes sense that toxins trigger certain hormones in our bodies. 

For me, seems like the combination of retin-a micro .04% and benzoyl peroxide wash works well for keeping my acne at bay. But to your point, I have only been doing this for a month (I've had acne for 7 years now). So perhaps the effectiveness of this regimen will wear off. 

I remember that when I used benzoyl after some time it didn't work anymore, but it could be different to you

I'd try it but I don't have acne anymore, only some little pimple occasionaly, thank you anyway.

I've been thinking about other advice, for those interested.

I've only used water to wash face for many years, until some months ago when I started using a gentle cleanser,  every morning and night. Since that the frequency with which pimple appear has diminished a lot.

Based on my experience I can say that puberty is the main cause of acne, which will decrease over time (when puberty ends), until it'll disappear.

I suggest not to use too many products and not to use a product too many times.

Some might be allergic to some foods that cause outbreaks, so you should find out which ones and avoid them.

If trying a certain treatment, you notice that the situation is getting worse, do not insist.

Prefer electric razors over razor blades, which can cause irritation.

Tea tree oil is great for acne, it's maybe the only one that has never let me down, don't use it too often tho, might dry your skin

I'll share here other advice when they will come to my mind :)

MemberMember
(@saggi4th)

Posted : 02/25/2019 4:25 pm

I have had to gradually increase my treatment strengths over the years. First started with Benzoyl 5% then 10%, then developed a sensitivity to it and switched to sulfur and Salicylic with a sulfur mask too. Whatever products you use maybe you could just try the next level. So far I am holding strong at the same product combo for nearly 2 years I have been assured that I can always increase strengths if needed.

MemberMember
(@boredaf902)

Posted : 03/01/2019 6:18 pm

This is a great articalfor those who have a similair experince as you did, I have clear skin and wash my face 1-2 times a day with warm-hot water. Changing your diet is great, cutting out greasy food and drinking more water can really help. All I can really say is try using face masks, wash your face lots, and perhaps use scrubs.