Notifications
Clear all

Mild Acne and Large Pores

MemberMember
(@noashe)

Posted : 02/20/2019 8:14 pm

Hey! About 2 years ago, I over exfoliated my skin with a clay mask due to my very little knowledge of skin care at the time. I had perfect skin, I probably had a blemish or so once a month. After using the clay mask for almost a week (daily), I started to get pimples here and there. I really didn't care for it, until a week or so later it got worse. You can say at that time I had mild acne, but even so it lowered my self-confidence a lot.

I started getting into a proper skincare routine. In the morning I water rinsed my face, and then put on a little bit of moisturizer and then SPF. At night, I would double cleanse, put on essence, and then moisturize. This helped my skin, but it never cured the acne. I also noticed that the pores on my skin were large, and my pores were frequently congested (closed comedones).Under intense lighting my poreswould be visible.

I decided to go to the dermatologist, where my doctor prescribed me Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Solution and over the counter Differin (this was due to the fact I hadmild acne). While the Clindamycin does help for pimples, and sometimes closed comedones, it never cures my acne (since it is only prevention care). I was wondering if this over exfoliation has permanently damaged my skin (as it has been almost 2 years), and if there is anything to do to fix it. I am afraid I now have permanent large pores, and due to the fact they are large that I will suffer from closed comedones forever. It is worth mentioning that I have not decided to exfoliate my skin, because I tried doing it a few weeks ago, and it only irritated my skin. Any kind of advice would be helpful, thanks!

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/20/2019 8:58 pm

I just purchased an LED red light for red light therapy. I have found online that many people said it really heals the face and makes pores smaller. I'll keep you posted as I get it delivered on Friday. It was $34 so if it works, it would be totally worth it!

MemberMember
(@noashe)

Posted : 02/21/2019 8:43 am

11 hours ago, KarenM said:

I just purchased an LED red light for red light therapy. I have found online that many people said it really heals the face and makes pores smaller. I'll keep you posted as I get it delivered on Friday. It was $34 so if it works, it would be totally worth it!

I've never heard about that kind of therapy before, thanks for telling me about. If it really does heal skin and make pores smaller, that would be amazing!