Notifications
Clear all

Switching from Epiduo to Retin A Micro 0.04%

MemberMember
(@simzy125)

Posted : 02/19/2019 1:36 am

After 3.75 years of being on Epiduo, I've just started the switch to Retin A Micro. Why? 1) Hoping to see even more skin clearing 2) Hoping for betterskin texture (less closed comedones, smaller pores) and 3) Hoping to see scars fade. I've been using Epiduo at night with Aczone 7.5% in the mornings for exactly 2 years and I'd give myskin a 7.5 out of 10. I have about 2new pustules a week, 20-30 closed comedones on my face, and the occasional cyst before my period. I also have a fair amount of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation on my cheeks/chin/jawline. I'm hoping the Retin A Micro will be able help me with my above skin issues! Because I've been on a retinol derivative for years now I'm hoping the transition won't be too irritating for my skin (my doc said it'd probably be okay to start every night right away, especially since the microsphere technology helps a lot with preventing irritation). I'm also PRAYING i don't get a terrible initial breakout like I did when I started Epiduo. I'll try to keep this updated regularly (at least once or twice a week!). If you have any advice/experience with switching from Epiduo to RetinA (with or without the microspheres)please let me know!!

MemberMember
(@simzy125)

Posted : 02/27/2019 2:05 am

Day 10 Update

I've been applying Retin A every night about 30 min after I shower and then putting a little moisturizer on top of that about 30 min later. I've had a little bit of drying around my mouth but nothing that major at all. No skin burning, no peeling, nothing like that. While I'm glad that I haven't had to deal with those side effects it almost makes me worry that the prescription isn't strong enough?? I mean it's obviously way too early to tell if it will makea dent in my acne, howeverI'm scared that this strength (0.04%) isn't enough to do anything to my skin after being on .1% adapalene for almost 4 years?? If anyone has any knowledge regarding the efficacy of switching from0.1% adapalene to 0.04% tretinoin it'd be much appreciated!!

MemberMember
(@simzy125)

Posted : 03/14/2019 11:19 pm

Day 25 Update

Take back what i said two weeks ago about it not being strong enough. While I still haven't had peeling or burning, I've noticed my skin getting really dry around my eyes and mouth if I don't moisturize enough after tretinoin application.Also, the PURGE has begun.Nothing at all as bad as my first ever purge when I started my first retinol (adapelene in Epiduo back in 2015), but a purge nonetheless. While I hate the current state, I'm actually pretty satisfied that I can feel the tretinoin bringing all the nasty stuff up and out of my skin. I'll check in again in a week or two!

MemberMember
(@gia234)

Posted : 12/21/2020 8:21 pm

Hi, not sure if youre still around on here, but I found your post because I just switched from epiduo forte (.3%adapalene with bp) to retin a micro .08%. I am starting to break out a tiny bit and Im not sure if my skin is purging from the retin a or if its not strong enough. Anyways, Im just curious about your overall results at this point or if the tret worked better?

thanks!

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/25/2022 9:38 pm

Hi! I'm waiting on your update on this. I hope you're still here.