Notifications
Clear all

Scars left temple.

MemberMember
(@mbjoh)

Posted : 02/18/2019 4:56 pm

Hello, 

I hope you have time to read this and maybe come up with a solution for me. First of all, I know this isn´t scars that are very visible and it's hard to get a view of them unless you have the right light and angel.

However, I believe people, in general, don't fix their scars so its less visible for other people, but rather for them self. So I have tried over ten years now with different kinds of lasers, all from fractional to fully ablatives ones. We har talking here around 10 treatments with lasers. I believe I have had some kind of improvement. 

The scars I have is on my left temple and is a linear superficial scar. Got it when I was a young child. I am now 29 years old. 

So my question here is: Is there some way a brilliant way to remove/reduce them more? 

Many thanks for your help!

bilde3.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2019 9:52 am

@mbjohThese are linear scars, interesting, almost in a pattern.

Haveyou tried ...subcising them and put some filler here? A few sessions may be necessary. I would botox first so muscles are not moving . Rf needling would be done after here or co2 laser on the temples. Before all that have you tried to Derminator or Dermastamp them for several months at home? Glycolic or tca spot peels to the temple or you can have a Dr do them (a experienced Dr could do a deeper peel here, if your close to Dr Rullan - San Diego that is worth a try as he is very good at subcision and peels)? That would be worth trying before spending a lot of money.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@mbjoh)

Posted : 02/19/2019 7:41 pm

Hibeautifulambition. Really glad to see your answer. I liveEurope, but I dont mind to flyover to San Diego. I do believe the scars isnt deep enoughfor subcision or Imight be wrong here. I have a good feeling maybe a peel treatment to Dr Rullan could be the right choice. So he is littelery one of the best withinthis field? Thank you again, your feedback just might have been life changing for me.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/20/2019 9:04 am

@mbjohI would not travel to the US for subcison with Rullan. You can get this treated locally. In fact have you tried to have them inject a thread of filler under on of these scars, are they distensible when you pull the skin apart?

I am adding more European providers soon, ... I worked for hrs on updating the providers and the updated crashed tonight, so give it some more time.

Yes Dr Rullan is the top in acid peels in the world. You have fair skin so that is also a option.

Have you had Dr Chu do microneedling on it, ... his price is cheap and he does manual methods, worth trying before flying international.

MemberMember
(@mbjoh)

Posted : 02/20/2019 6:55 pm

12 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@mbjoh I would not travel to the US for subcison with Rullan. You can get this treated locally. In fact have you tried to have them inject a thread of filler under on of these scars, are they distensible when you pull the skin apart? 

I am adding more European providers soon, ... I worked for hrs on updating the providers and the updated crashed tonight, so give it some more time. 

Yes Dr Rullan is the top in acid peels in the world.

Have you had Dr Chu do microneedling on it, ... his price is cheap and he does manual methods, worth trying before flying international. 

Yes, they are distensible. It´s like a scratch in the paint on the car. Therefore I find it weird that the fully ablative laser didn´t work out. I do believe I had it done by a good dermatologist. So I kinda feel I´m done with laser treatment. I have also tried micro needling (Dermapen) several times. I´m not sure if RF micro needling combined with PRM could have a different outcome?  

I have not tried fillers yet and considering it as the first new thing to try out.

I  will also email Dr Rullan and send him the pic. and I see what he thinks. 

Thank you, your help is much appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/21/2019 9:19 am

@mbjohIf it's distensible, all that is needed is perhaps some subcision and filler. A thread of Volume would help, then something for the texture if needed.

But sure goto Rullan if you want to go with acid peels and manual methods.

Welcome.

MemberMember
(@mbjoh)

Posted : 02/21/2019 10:22 am

Thank you. What are require to have a subcicion? I thought the skin/scar needed to be attached to the underlying skin and then you cut the link between them. Is itwrong?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/21/2019 10:34 am

@mbjohInexperienced Dr's will tell you that you do not need subcision if there is not any tethering. Perhaps a difference in information medical terminology. Subcision can be used two ways the act of making a pocket for filler is subcision, or breaking the tethering of scars. I am talking about the first since of the word, ... running a needle under the scars to stimulate collagen there, ... soften the transition of the linear scar and putting a bit of filler to correct the deficiency. Some Plastic Surgeon'swho are plastic surgeons would do scar revision, making the scar a small line, then resurface it with a laser.Filler and subcision are wroth a try first.

See Novicks Response; -) https://www.realself.com/question/scar-want-rid

MemberMember
(@mbjoh)

Posted : 02/21/2019 6:55 pm

Thank you for your link.

MemberMember
(@mbjoh)

Posted : 02/22/2019 11:25 am

On 2/21/2019 at 4:34 PM, beautifulambition said:

@mbjohInexperienced Dr's will tell you that you do not need subcision if there is not any tethering. Perhaps a difference in information medical terminology. Subcision can be used two ways the act of making a pocket for filler is subcision, or breaking the tethering of scars. I am talking about the first since of the word, ... running a needle under the scars to stimulate collagen there, ... soften the transition of the linear scar and putting a bit of filler to correct the deficiency. Some Plastic Surgeon'swho are plastic surgeons would do scar revision, making the scar a small line, then resurface it with a laser.Filler and subcision are wroth a try first.

See Novicks Response; -) https://www.realself.com/question/scar-want-rid

Thank you for your link. Find this very interesting. Do you know if Bel10231 did have had successwith herscar? Who is the best person I can see for this kindof treatment? I dont have more time too wast on treatment that doesn't work and I dont care if I need to travel to the other side of the world to get it done properly.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/22/2019 12:07 pm

@mbjohI do not follow the users on Real Self, I just read it occasionally to see how the Dr's respond. Most of the time it's a canned answer or marketing. Why I pasted the link is so you can see the validity in my suggestion as the Dr's also said the same thing. Of course energy devices can be used.

IF you had one person to see in the world, and you were willing to travel. Dr Lim of course in AUS, as it says in the FAQ he is a 1% top acne scar Dr. But be aware he does use energy devices, but he is very skilled with them when other's have no idea how to treat scars (just blast the scars on presets). IF that is not your thing then we need a manual surgeon for revision.

With Lim you will need to be patient as he has like a 3-6 months wait right now because he is so popular.

Post your picture on realself.com, doesn't hurt and it's free, put it in the acne scar section. I think we already have a direction(start with manual methods, perhaps some laser for texture after that, if that fails scar revision - plastic would be the natural progression of options) it's just you feeling comfortable with the choice.

MemberMember
(@mbjoh)

Posted : 02/22/2019 3:59 pm

@beautifulambition

Thanks a lot for your help. You have guided me in tothe right direction. I did have a time to Dr Lim this month. But got canceled due to Dr Lim isnt back to Aus. before Q3 this year.