Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sahilrajpal

Best solution for my acne scars

Hi there I have acne scars I will like to know how to get rid of them atleast by 90%

I am suffering from them quite a long time ang way I can have hope pls help 

IMG_20190218_230833.jpg

IMG_20190218_230937.jpg

IMG_20190218_231045.jpg

12 hours ago, sahilrajpal said:

Hi there I have acne scars I will like to know how to get rid of them atleast by 90%

I am suffering from them quite a long time ang way I can have hope pls help 

IMG_20190218_230833.jpg

IMG_20190218_230937.jpg

IMG_20190218_231045.jpg

BEAUTIFULAMBITION will give u better advice but i want to tell you that as skin complexion is dark before and after treatment use skin lightening creams and sunscreen

and expecting results to 90% is miracle but anything can happen depend on ur healing abilities and also treatments

are u from india ?

Edited by Anish004

7 minutes ago, Anish004 said:

BEAUTIFULAMBITION will give u better advice but i want to tell you that as skin complexion is dark before and after treatment use skin lightening creams and sunscreen

and expecting results to 90% is miracle but anything can happen depend on ur healing abilities and also treatments

are u from india ?

Yes Anish from India 

Do u have scars to what are u doing to get rid of them ? 

@sahilrajpal Hi there,

Anish is right I don't see you getting 90% improvement unless you are a exceptionally good healer. I tell patients about 50% if you do all the treatments below, and heal well, ... if you get more great. We are improving / softening scars, not getting rid of them. Scar work is progressive often taking a few years to do with multiple treatments. The skin is exceptionally slow to heal. It takes about 3 months between treatment for collagen to develop. With your skin type and the complications it brings they will be more likely to use softer settings, hence more treatments are needed or we cause more issues.

You have box cars, lots of icepicks / scarred pores / a few rolling scars, discoloration, hyperpigmentation. 

* Subcision (many sessions are needed), w/ filler offers the best results. OR Chinese Cupping(Amazon) is a cheap alternative, with some side effects, see the FAQ for instructions.  
* TCA Cross for icepicks, you will need many sessions (start with that). Paint on method can be done on the linear scar with acid or a excision close-sure. In your country a popular procedure for this is punch excision for icepicks and boxcars. It's surgical so again it depends how you heal and your surgeon's skill. 
* RF needling, and/or CO2 laser if you need a boost 3-7% density with the highest power, or erbium can be done. Something that works great but it's not readily available in India is 1927nm laser - Fraxel in high density mode.
* Several chemical peels, ... they have mixed peels for hyperpigmentation.
* Any hyperpigmentation discoloration: vascular laser or for ethnic skin picosure/picoway/picotech stimulates collagen as well.

There was a case study with participants of your skin type in the proof post pinned above in the acne scar fourm, they used microneedling, peels, tca cross to get results. Take a look a that if you wish, I do not agree with the treatment time in that study as it seems too rushed, at least 1 month a part if doing them at home. If you dermastamp see if you can get a single needle type and needle the edges of the scar (the walls only to soften them). 

** Everything depends on your bodies ability to heal / your surgeons skill, it's variable % of outcome, if you heal poorly or are overly sensitive (skin) please don't micro needle.

** All treatments - 3 months apart (drs often tell you to do them more often but the skin does not heal like this, it's verrrrry slow to heal. Always best to observe what works and what does not. Also It is advantageous for Drs to do quicker treatments as swelling hides scars and gives them quicker $$$$. Everything is optional.

** Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural option as listed above is better or ingredients kojic acid/Konjac and skin lightener ingredients, like Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin, Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only physical ones)!

42 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@sahilrajpal Hi there,

Anish is right I don't see you getting 90% improvement unless you are a exceptionally good healer. I tell patients about 50% if you do all the treatments below, and heal well, ... if you get more great. We are improving / softening scars, not getting rid of them. Scar work is progressive often taking a few years to do with multiple treatments. The skin is exceptionally slow to heal. It takes about 3 months between treatment for collagen to develop. With your skin type and the complications it brings they will be more likely to use softer settings, hence more treatments are needed or we cause more issues.

You have box cars, lots of icepicks / scarred pores / a few rolling scars, discoloration, hyperpigmentation. 

* Subcision (many sessions are needed), w/ filler offers the best results. OR Chinese Cupping(Amazon) is a cheap alternative, with some side effects, see the FAQ for instructions.  
* TCA Cross for icepicks, you will need many sessions (start with that). Paint on method can be done on the linear scar with acid or a excision close-sure. In your country a popular procedure for this is punch excision for icepicks and boxcars. It's surgical so again it depends how you heal and your surgeon's skill. 
* RF needling, and/or CO2 laser if you need a boost 3-7% density with the highest power, or erbium can be done. Something that works great but it's not readily available in India is 1927nm laser - Fraxel in high density mode.
* Several chemical peels, ... they have mixed peels for hyperpigmentation.
* Any hyperpigmentation discoloration: vascular laser or for ethnic skin picosure/picoway/picotech stimulates collagen as well.

There was a case study with participants of your skin type in the proof post pinned above in the acne scar fourm, they used microneedling, peels, tca cross to get results. Take a look a that if you wish, I do not agree with the treatment time in that study as it seems too rushed, at least 1 month a part if doing them at home. If you dermastamp see if you can get a single needle type and needle the edges of the scar (the walls only to soften them). 

** Everything depends on your bodies ability to heal / your surgeons skill, it's variable % of outcome, if you heal poorly or are overly sensitive (skin) please don't micro needle.

** All treatments - 3 months apart (drs often tell you to do them more often but the skin does not heal like this, it's verrrrry slow to heal. Always best to observe what works and what does not. Also It is advantageous for Drs to do quicker treatments as swelling hides scars and gives them quicker $$$$. Everything is optional.

** Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid (if you can't get the above). Cureology(USA) & Yoderm(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up %. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. To prevent (reds & browns from all Dr-treatments to ethnic skin or to work on current skin discoloration), try PCA hydroquione free gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Hydroquinone has side effects for some people, natural option as listed above is better or ingredients kojic acid/Konjac and skin lightener ingredients, like Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well. The Ordinary, Cerave, Eucerin, Dr Sam Bunting Flawless Cleanser, and Acne.org's products are all great options for moisturizers and cleaners without fragrance / dyes / allergens. Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only physical ones)!

Beautifullambition 

I appreciate your way of explaining to me 

Can u pls tell me the step by step procedure the exact procedure how can I do it to achieve the best results I  am confident enough to achieve results

Just tell me a plan we're I will be not confused and can I do subaicion and TCA both at once will it be possible to make scars less visible after that 

Also tell me fillers which are permaneng

I know I have faith I will be all just want to know the direction pls tell me 

@sahilrajpal Thanks for being patient with me I get over 50+ private messages a day to help with their acne scar concerns. 

Step by step. Firstly India has a bunch of junk clinics that just want to sell you a bunch of things. Plastic Surgeon's with lots of experience are a bit better as they need more school and experience than med spa clinics.

You need 3-6 sessions of sucision. They can do tca cross at the same time as this. 

You wait 3 months between all sessions. 

If your Dr does punch Excision you will want to do it here before laser. They must be experienced as a surgeon. Otherwise just do the tca cross. Watch youtube videos and search for ""punch excision" or "subcision" with your nearby large city ________ . Search India social media, facebook, etc and look for Drs who do this. etc. (This is Optional). 

3-4 sessions of RF needling or laser can be done between the subcisions or you can wait till after.

Chemical peels you do at the end, and you want a peel for hyperpigmentation and resurfacing. Find someone qualified, I know anyone can do this in India. 

You don't want permanent fillers. They create permanent problems. HA filler is fine and your body should replace it over time injecting there. In the states we have PMMA - Bellafill, India has different names for their fillers. Always do something temporary first and see if you like it. I have been told this is the thing patients feel clinics do the worst on. So I would not get anything permanent unless they are a very qualified injector who you have seen the work.  Or it's very cheap to do Chinese cupping over the scar and you don't need filler after subcision. 

Vascular laser for hyperpigmentation can be done at any time. 

Many treat over 3 years. You only treat every 3 months. You can needle once a month at home in between (dermastamp) your scars. Everything is optional. 

It's very simple, .. .what is hard is finding a good Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon who is qualified. 

37 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@sahilrajpal Thanks for being patient with me I get over 50+ private messages a day to help with their acne scar concerns. 

Step by step. Firstly India has a bunch of junk clinics that just want to sell you a bunch of things. Plastic Surgeon's with lots of experience are a bit better as they need more school and experience than med spa clinics.

You need 3-6 sessions of sucision. They can do tca cross at the same time as this. 

If your Dr does punch Excision you will want to do it here before laser. They must be experienced as a surgeon. Otherwise just do the tca cross. Watch youtube videos and search for ""punch excision" or "subcision" with your nearby large city ________ . Search India social media, facebook, etc and look for Drs who do this. etc. (This is Optional). 

3-4 sessions of RF needling or laser can be done between the subcisions or you can wait till after.

Chemical peels you do at the end, and you want a peel for hyperpigmentation and resurfacing. Find someone qualified, I know anyone can do this in India. 

You don't want permanent fillers. They create permanent problems. HA filler is fine and your body should replace it over time injecting there. In the states we have PMMA - Bellafill, India has different names for their fillers. Always do something temporary first and see if you like it. I have been told this is the thing patients feel clinics do the worst on. So I would not get anything permanent unless they are a very qualified injector who you have seen the work.  Or it's very cheap to do Chinese cupping over the scar and you don't need filler after subcision. 

Many treat over 3 years. You only treat every 3 months. You can needle once a month at home in between (dermastamp) your scars. Everything is optional. 

It's very simple, .. .what is hard is finding a good Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon who is qualified. 

One more doubt can I do subaicion and TCA cross at the same day of treatment like right after subcision I do TCA cross next on same day of treatments and wait til 3 months between treatments 

@sahilrajpal you are right. That is the tough one with doing both subcision and tca cross at the same time, ... you cannot suction until the scabs heal and fall off and that can take several weeks in some patients.  They can always do subcision on the areas they do not cross, and you can suction those areas, or rotate treatments, covering a different area every time or separate the treatments out.  

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

@sahilrajpal you are right. That is the tough one with doing both subcision and tca cross at the same time, ... you cannot suction until the scabs heal and fall off and that can take several weeks in some patients.  They can always do subcision on the areas they do not cross, and you can suction those areas, or rotate treatments, covering a different area every time or separate the treatments out.  

Which laser should I take after subcision and TCA that will work out best for my scars to make them look more better 

@sahilrajpal Use the plan above for the general type of the laser. I don't know the brand each and every Dr has. Indian Dr's have their own Brands as well of these lasers. You might need punch excisions with a Indian Plastic surgery, I read the white papers and this is very popular in your country before laser.

Start with RF needling if you wish and then do something like co2 3-7% low density and the highest power multi pass over the cheeks, or full density 1927nm fraxel . 

It's progressive start slow. Then if you need more ... 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:03 PM, beautifulambition said:

@sahilrajpal Use the plan above for the general type of the laser. I don't know the brand each and every Dr has. Indian Dr's have their own Brands as well of these lasers. You might need punch excisions with a Indian Plastic surgery, I read the white papers and this is very popular in your country before laser.

Start with RF needling if you wish and then do something like co2 3-7% low density and the highest power multi pass over the cheeks, or full density 1927nm fraxel . 

It's progressive start slow. Then if you need more ... 

BA 

Pls help me with lasers a doctor said me to do 

Subsicion and CO2 laser ? Is it good for me ?

I am very afraid about  laser so please tell me any laser which will be good without any side effects for my darker skin type  

I gave you a plan above. Sounds like the Dr you picked isn't very good and is a laser Dr. Start with a surgeon (plastic surgeon) who will do subcision, tca cross and punch exicsion. Do not do laser. It's not time for laser! Your paying them, ... tell them you only want these treatments to start. Laser after for texture, not before. 

If you just want to start slow with subcision & TCA Cross then that is fine, ... it will take several and you can decide next what to do if the Dr can't do other methods of treatment. This is not a fast process, many Dr's like to make $$$$$$ and stack treatments together, this is not how you heal - it's slow. 

16 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

I gave you a plan above. Sounds like the Dr you picked isn't very good and is a laser Dr. Start with a surgeon (plastic surgeon) who will do subcision, tca cross and punch exicsion. Do not do laser. It's not time for laser! Your paying them, ... tell them you only want these treatments to start. Laser after for texture, not before. 

If you just want to start slow with subcision & TCA Cross then that is fine, ... it will take several and you can decide next what to do if the Dr can't do other methods of treatment. This is not a fast process, many Dr's like to make $$$$$$ and stack treatments together, this is not how you heal - it's slow. 

Thanks for your reply also pls tell me what to do for chicken pox scarring as I have two chicken pox scar and doctor is a surgeon he said first subscion than laser 

@Sahilrajpal He must not be a acne scar surgeon or do this a lot. Just a general face  aesthetics surgeon doing things on you. Punch excision is done in India for chicken pox scars as mentioned above. Find someone who knows how to do this.

1 hour ago, beautifulambition said:

@Sahilrajpal He must not be a acne scar surgeon or do this a lot. Just a general face  aesthetics surgeon doing things on you. Punch excision is done in India for chicken pox scars as mentioned above. Find someone who knows how to do this.

But he is board certified and in India we don't see any board certified surgeon so that's why I think he said subsicion so that is what I thought he must be good and after that laser but maybe he can do all the things if I say him he is also in realself his name is dr harsh Amin 

@sahilrajpal I took a look, only one review on real self for hair transplant surgery. He does not seem knowledgeable with acne scars. You can try if you wish. Real self is not popular in India, try something locally that is popular for reviews, ... I don't know like Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc... _____ or some other from of reaching the Indian population by dermatolgoists and plastic surgeon's. Even if they are not board certified that is ok, ... if in India that is not common, what matters most is they are in a reputable hospital or clinic, ... not some shop, and have lots of experience with skin surgery (pictures, cases, information). I don't know how to search in India for "subcision" and "excision" (location of big city) " _____" .Start with that in your own language . Otherwise you can take the chance on him if you wish, but he does not sound experienced. 

18 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@sahilrajpal I took a look, only one review on real self for hair transplant surgery. He does not seem knowledgeable with acne scars. You can try if you wish. Real self is not popular in India, try something locally that is popular for reviews, ... I don't know like Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, etc... _____ or some other from of reaching the Indian population by dermatolgoists and plastic surgeon's. Even if they are not board certified that is ok, ... if in India that is not common, what matters most is they are in a reputable hospital or clinic, ... not some shop, and have lots of experience with skin surgery (pictures, cases, information). I don't know how to search in India for "subcision" and "excision" (location of big city) " _____" .Start with that in your own language . Otherwise you can take the chance on him if you wish, but he does not sound experienced. 

I asked him can he do TCA cross on me he said yes so now I think it's good to go for him can u tell me how much percent of TCA to be applied on my type of skin? And what should I do to not get hyperpigementation after TCA cross 

Just now, sahilrajpal said:

I asked him can he do TCA cross on me he said yes so now I think it's good to go for him can u tell me how much percent of TCA to be applied on my type of skin? And what should I do to not get hyperpigementation after TCA cross 

Also tell me what he should do while applying how he should apply TCA to the scar ? So it gives good results 

Sorry I am not going to train a "skilled" board certified Surgeon on how to do a procedure. That means they were never skilled to begin with and are just "experimenting." That is a nightmare outcome waiting to happen. This is why I said to goto 3 total Dr's for a consultation and pick the one who is most familiar with scars. IF he does not know how to do TCA already, why bother doing that with him. I am often told by patients from India the Dr will do something they are not qualified to do poorly. 

I gave you the solution for hyperpigmentation in the above post 

IF you want to learn tca cross, and have someone experiment on you goto the Chemical Peel guide, at the top of scar treatments, it's pinned. 

Hi I registered only to reply here.  I cleared most of my scars and blemishes - thought I should tell you what helped. Mind you my scars were little less deep and I am atleast 2-3 shades lighter in skin color, but my pigmentation was also more obvious as a result.

1. Start with Melacare or any cream with hydroquinone 2% and tretinoin 0.02%. Apply only a pea size all over the face with lil extra layer to your cheeks..Do not use greater than 4% HQ and do not apply too much. More is not better!!! Do this daily.

2. Let a month pass with the above. You will notice some peeling and possible breakout initially but dont give up. The peeling is what tells you that your skin is resurfacing. Do not rub and take the layers forcefully...maybe mildly when you clean your face in the morning and night.

3. Month 2 - if you think you are making progress - introduce Retin-A 0.05% on alternate days. This is basically tretinoin.

In 4-6 months your skin should feel lot smoother. I have followed this and my skin now is pretty smooth. Once you achieve even complexion and texture - stop the HQ and replace it with (albutrin+licorice) cream and reduce Retin A to 0.02%. Alternate between the 2 creams.

Subcision is good. I havent got that done though.

About TCA cross:

TCA creates like a scab on the scars and fills it out eventually - but with brown skin, there is a danger of pigmentation. Before doing it all the way it might be a better idea to try it on a small area instead of on most of your cheek. If you like it, you can then proceed.

co2 Laser

What kind of a doctor would recommend co2 laser for your skin type that shows a tendency to hyperpigment.  Maybe there's more that he knows, but it seems like a bad idea. I would say - Do not do it!

Indian scenario

Indian skin - the brown and also the wheatish skin types-  are not suited for laser procedures unfortunately. Nor are deep peels advised. The max is 50% glycolic (after you build up from lower %). TCA, even at 25% is risky. IMO brown and light brown skin are most difficult to treat. They are light enough to starkly show up pigmentation and dark enough to have copious melanin that can come sweeping into skin irritations. In contrast, Caucasians have so many options including invasive lasers and deep peels.

All the best!

@vij

Will it also help me make my skin lighter and I am definitely going to do TCA and subscion and Chinese cupping and yes laser if possible I will do laser.. once maybe 

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2019 at 11:00 PM, sahilrajpal said:
On 3/19/2019 at 11:00 PM, sahilrajpal said:

@vij

Will it also help me make my skin lighter 

Yes. certainly,  what I laid out in my previous post will make most people's skin lighter. I think you have pigmentation on the beard area and while a little pigment change is almost normal in that area for men who shave regularly - yours is more pronounced. That could lift with the cream containing HQ 2% and 0.02% tretinoin. Most popular brand for that is Melacare in India. 

And one more thing that IMO made a BIG change and made my face look cleaner very quickly was 'shaving my head'. I cant explain it, but it did a lot to my face. The only explanation could be that I had a lot of gunk in my scalp (one scratch on my scalp and my nails would be full of it) and once my scalp was exposed, cleaned and exfoliated - it made tremendous change. If you have something similar, do try it. I have now adopted the bald look and sometimes the "Shikar Dhawan" hairstyle ;)

PS: High TCA will DEFINITELY cause dark blotches on your face guaranteed and then you will have to hope creams and peels lighten them. South Asians in general respond poorly to strong TCA.

Edited by vij

On 3/7/2019 at 8:00 PM, beautifulambition said:

Sorry I am not going to train a "skilled" board certified Surgeon on how to do a procedure. That means they were never skilled to begin with and are just "experimenting." That is a nightmare outcome waiting to happen. This is why I said to goto 3 total Dr's for a consultation and pick the one who is most familiar with scars. IF he does not know how to do TCA already, why bother doing that with him. I am often told by patients from India the Dr will do something they are not qualified to do poorly. 

I gave you the solution for hyperpigmentation in the above post 

IF you want to learn tca cross, and have someone experiment on you goto the Chemical Peel guide, at the top of scar treatments, it's pinned. 

BA tell me pls is subscion a permanent treatment because I read maybe bonds reattach and scars become the same as they were before ?

@sahilrajpal It is permanent, ... if you get filler done as a spacer or Do Chinese Cupping for a month. I want you to goto a good ( do a few consultations with different Drs), ... I know it's hard in India, I hear it all the time, dermatologist or plastic surgeon for this. So many average ship owners do these procedures. I mentioned punch excision, did you find a Dr to do this? Many in India who can do this to your boxcars.

Also the poster above does not know what he is talking about. ""Shave the head and scratch it with a fingernail.""

Who said to use high tca on anyone's face? If a Indian Dr does not know how to treats you (he treats your demographic), he is the one who does not know proper treatment.

Any treatment including co2 laser can be done on even Type 5-6 Skin (yes even black) if it's titrated at a lower level (poster above does not know device settings) with proper prep and aftercare. 

16 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@sahilrajpal It is permanent, ... if you get filler done as a spacer or Do Chinese Cupping for a month. I want you to goto a good ( do a few consultations with different Drs), ... I know it's hard in India, I hear it all the time, dermatologist or plastic surgeon for this. So many average ship owners do these procedures. I mentioned punch excision, did you find a Dr to do this? Many in India who can do this to your boxcars.

Do I have to do Chinese cupping every day for one month after subscion means daily ? Till 30 days? 

@sahilrajpal Yes if you want to do cupping after subcision, you buy a Chinese Cupping device. Every day you do cupping for a month after subcision on the area(s), treated. You can start with lower pressure and see if you can get a good suction, you don't have to be over aggressive. IF you severely bruise and or have pain or lumping, stop until this subsides.