Please help to find...

Notifications
Clear all

Please help to find out what this is...

MemberMember
(@jamesm44)

Posted : 02/11/2019 11:31 am

Thank you for reading my post. I'm hoping someone can help me identify what this is (pictures attached below). For around 2 and half months now I have had these spots and red marks developing on my cheeks. I have suffered from acne before but never on my face like this. I am 44.

I went to see my GP when it didn't clear after up two weeks and he put me on Metrogel 0.75%. I have been on it for two months now and it really doesn't seem to making a difference. My GP's thinking is that his is rosecea, but I would have thought if it was the Metrogel  would have helped improve things by now.

Any help or suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated. Thank you again for reading my post.

acne1.jpg

acne2.jpg

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/11/2019 5:08 pm

Possibly fungul acne? Try getting lotrimin ultra anti fungal cream from the drugstore and see if that clears it up. Just a suggestion,  I'm not a professional.  :)

JamesM44 liked
MemberMember
(@jamesm44)

Posted : 02/11/2019 7:47 pm

Thank you Karen, I appreciate your advice. Upon further searching this evening I discovered Pityrosporum folliculitis, which looks very similar and ties in with your suggestion.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thank you again.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/11/2019 8:33 pm

Good luck :)