Notifications
Clear all

35%TCA, I have 1 scar i want to treat but not sure if paint or toothpick method?? Pics provided

MemberMember
(@bri)

Posted : 02/10/2019 8:02 pm

Hello.  I can™t find any derms in my area who want to do anything except lasers and fillers.  Neither of which did anything to improve this one Icepick (Maybe boxcar??) scar i have smack dab in the middle of my cheek.  It™s from acne in college about 22 years ago.  Since I have not had success with fillers and lasers, I™d like to try the TCA Cross myself in this ONE scar.  I read your post on TCA and peels (thank you for the informative post).  I am not sure, however, if I need to follow the paint method or the toothpick method.  

I also want to try Dermarolling on my entire face with .5 needles to improve pores and texture due to being 40 years old.  I have a few VERY shallow rolling scars that no one notices but me that I™m thinking dermarolling with a .5 would help with.  I™d like to also use the DermaSTAMP on the one Icepick (maybe boxcar) scar that I have.

so my questions are:

1) where should i purchase the TCA and should i paint or toothpick?

2) what is the best/favorite .5 dermaroller

3) what is the best/favorite 1.5 DermaSTAMP 

4) what œschedule should I follow?

-TCA every month for 5 months?

-when should i DermaSTAMP and Dermaroll?

5) I have been using Retin A for years.  Do I really need to stop it for 5 days b4 doing the TCA?  How soon after the TCA can I resume RetinA?  (I noticed in one study they actually applied retinA immediately after the TCA)

6) how soon after dermaPen And dermaroller can i resume RetinA?

Thank you for any guidance you may be able to provide me with!

378D14F2-B31F-404D-91F3-5956FFC1191D.jpeg

A5E05811-C998-457D-8B4C-7135BBF293CA.jpeg

1049D2E0-94B8-4C9E-893D-CEE530DE3422.jpeg

DC8BF224-63FD-447B-AC9C-8278E929E9E1.jpeg

8BB393C3-599A-4AC7-A04B-74F3EFC3C797.jpeg

MemberMember
(@bri)

Posted : 02/10/2019 8:36 pm

Here™s more pics.  I know it™s overkill, but I™m hoping someone can tell me if i should do the paint or toothpick metho? I guess I™ll do the toothpick method first?  And if after 4 of those treatments (5 months) I don™t think I™m seeing any improvement then I™ll try the paint method? 

359E7796-4A91-4F0B-B2BB-E7347AB32300.jpeg

1CB9A468-5BAD-4BE8-A449-61FD476A6547.jpeg

FF8D932C-0483-4F35-B0C5-7EBAB420CF83.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/11/2019 10:48 am

@briA plastic could do a small excision on it and close it up with a stitch then laser. This is perfect for a punch excision as a punch would fit over it.

Be prepared this might widen as it's not a small pit. I would normally have you get it subcised and some filler. Perhaps get the Derminator - dermastamping machine and try the single needle attachment at a angle. If we peel it could widen.

If you were to do it. I Would only treat the scar border to soften it, build up to 35% as it says i the guide. This is more of the paint on method. Thus we do not paint the floor just around the edge transition which will soften but might make it look larger. Hence why I would single needle it first.

Can't tell you where to purchase something, but MUAC has quality stuff.

You needle monthly, see the microneedling thread pinned at the top of the scar treatments sub.

You can needle more than you can peel, ... sure, whenever you have time. Peels take longer to heal from than a weekend.

Yes you must stop all exfoliants before a peel, 1 week. You start when you heal.There are studies saying to do all sorts of silly things. If you put it directly after and it's not sterile, you get a infection, ... not supposed to be inside the skin, and it does not promote wound healing. These are the people who end up at the Derm's office, ... they read something on the internet instead of staying safe.

24- hrs with derminator, dermapen is terrible! You want the micro channels to be sealed up, then you apply your retin-a.

MemberMember
(@bri)

Posted : 02/11/2019 5:15 pm

Thank you!

Ill try the deeminator with the stampon it first and see how that goes. If theres no improvement after 4 treatments spaced apart every 4 weeks then Illseea plastic surgeon.

I know its tethered down. I can see where it is if I look closely. SoMaybe going in at angle with the stamp will untether it? That is my hope, anyway.

I dont think Ill do TCA Cross on it. Im worried Id make it worse.

So stop retinA 24 hours before derminator and when to begin again?

Many many thanks!

MemberMember
(@bri)

Posted : 02/11/2019 5:41 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@bri A plastic could do a small excision on it and close it up with a stitch then laser. This is perfect for a punch excision as a punch would fit over it.

Be prepared this might widen as it's not a small pit. I would normally have you get it subcised and some filler. Perhaps get the Derminator - dermastamping machine and try the single needle attachment at a angle. If we peel it could widen. 

If you were to do it. I Would only treat the scar border to soften it, build up to 35% as it says i the guide. This is more of the paint on method. Thus we do not paint the floor just around the edge transition which will soften but might make it look larger. Hence why I would single needle it first. 

Can't tell you where to purchase something, but MUAC has quality stuff. 

You needle monthly, see the microneedling thread pinned at the top of the scar treatments sub.

You can needle more than you can peel, ... sure, whenever you have time. Peels take longer to heal from than a weekend. 

Yes you must stop all exfoliants before a peel, 1 week. You start when you heal.There are studies saying to do all sorts of silly things. If you put it directly after and it's not sterile, you get a infection, ... not supposed to be inside the skin, and it does not promote wound healing. These are the people who end up at the Derm's office, ... they read something on the internet instead of staying safe. 

24- hrs with derminator, dermapen is terrible! You want the micro channels to be sealed up, then you apply your retin-a. 

Is the pic below the derminator y™all like?  I just want to be sure I buy the right thing.

9E5B3308-8463-4F3A-AC79-539B99BA6FC6.png

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/12/2019 10:48 am

@briYes that is the right unit, Dermiantor. Cheaper than even a Dr's visit and you can"also" do it at home once a month between Dr's treatments. Single needle the border of your scar horizontallyand see how you do.

Sure that is fine with Retin A.

Yes that is it.

BA

bri liked