Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Raised Hypertrophic Nose Acne Scars. Help me plzzz

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/10/2019 8:13 am

@Anonymous7527This is a hard case. The nose is not"normal" skin per say. It's cartilage like your ear. As such treatment is harder. At home you can always do acid peels but this will not get rid of your issue alone.

I cannot tell if the bumps on your nose are infected or hypertrophic scarring. The cheapest way to deal with this is goto any derm and have them inject the cysts or hypertrophic scarring with steriod. They can also do electrosurgery on them with their in office machine which even general derms have. But many won't do this unless you pay out of pocket for a cosmetic derm. The cosmetic derm will do laser on your nose.

You can get silicone scar sheets and put that on the area at night if they are not infected and hypertrophic raised scars.

Nightly you can use a cream for cell turnover and hyperpigmentation that may help"a bit."

I Think it's best to save up a bit each month, care credit, a credit cars, etc... and have a derm first inject the scars and do electrosurgery on them would be the cheapest.

[Edited video out]

MemberMember
(@nosescars)

Posted : 08/06/2019 8:39 pm

Besides the cost, is there a benefit to injecting steroids 4-6x over the course of several months into the hypertrophic scars first before doing erbium/ultrapulse in a case like this?

On 2/10/2019 at 9:13 PM, beautifulambition said:

@Anonymous7527This is a hard case. The nose is not"normal" skin per say. It's cartilage like your ear. As such treatment is harder. At home you can always do acid peels but this will not get rid of your issue alone.

I cannot tell if the bumps on your nose are infected or hypertrophic scarring. The cheapest way to deal with this is goto any derm and have them inject the cysts or hypertrophic scarring with steriod. They can also do electrosurgery on them with their in office machine which even general derms have. But many won't do this unless you pay out of pocket for a cosmetic derm. The cosmetic derm will do laser on your nose.

You can get silicone scar sheets and put that on the area at night if they are not infected and hypertrophic raised scars.

Nightly you can use a cream for cell turnover and hyperpigmentation that may help"a bit."

I Think it's best to save up a bit each month, care credit, a credit cars, etc... and have a derm first inject the scars and do electrosurgery on them would be the cheapest.

[Edited video out]

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/07/2019 7:23 pm

@NoseScarsOf course there is benefit to steriod injection, your body is producing excessive tissue and inflammation. The steriod stops this reaction and deals with the excessive immune(tissue) response.

You do the injections prior to laser to deal with the excessivetissue. The lase just works for the surface texture. It will not take off"bulk" tissue and that could make more scars. Dealing with inflammationis always the top priority. Hypertrophic cars can be a ongoing condition to those prone to them.

NoseScars liked
MemberMember
(@simplethinker)

Posted : 04/02/2020 8:55 am

On 8/8/2019 at 5:53 AM, beautifulambition said:

@NoseScarsOf course there is benefit to steriod injection, your body is producing excessive tissue and inflammation. The steriod stops this reaction and deals with the excessive immune(tissue) response.

You do the injections prior to laser to deal with the excessivetissue. The lase just works for the surface texture. It will not take off"bulk" tissue and that could make more scars. Dealing with inflammationis always the top priority. Hypertrophic cars can be a ongoing condition to those prone to them.

Does topical isotretinoin help for this?

Does topical isotretinoin help foe this?

MemberMember
(@myhope)

Posted : 08/26/2020 11:42 am

These are likely cobblestone/pebblestone scaring and I agree with beautifulambition, steroid injection (as well as ablative fraction erbium) may be helpful per Dr. Davin Lam and other prominent doctors. I have similar scaring on my chin and just had erbium laser done to treat them. I am currently in the healing process, but the depth of the scars seems to have decreased.

MemberMember
(@mik1217)

Posted : 09/26/2020 5:25 pm

Hey girl, I m not sure if you will reply as its been a few months since you posted, but i have the EXACT SAME SCARS on my nose! same place and everything! Message me on instagram [Removed personal information] is my handle. I ve had them since i was 13 and i popped my pimples too, i got treatment and it helped with the raised part of it but their still visible but much smaller. I think injections and electro therapy is the best for us!! I live in Canada AND GIRL JUST THOSE FIRST 5 treatments were 150 each time it was insane. Im hoping I can find something more affordable and that actually works for good.

MemberMember
(@abcd512)

Posted : 10/05/2020 1:56 am

On 9/26/2020 at 6:25 PM, mik1217 said:

Hey girl, I m not sure if you will reply as its been a few months since you posted, but i have the EXACT SAME SCARS on my nose! same place and everything! Message me on instagram [Removed personal information] is my handle. I ve had them since i was 13 and i popped my pimples too, i got treatment and it helped with the raised part of it but their still visible but much smaller. I think injections and electro therapy is the best for us!! I live in Canada AND GIRL JUST THOSE FIRST 5 treatments were 150 each time it was insane. Im hoping I can find something more affordable and that actually works for good.

Im suffering from this same problem too. Please help .

MemberMember
(@celadonfocus)

Posted : 01/03/2021 2:02 am

Hyaluronidase injection or steroid injection (5-FU or TCA) works very well. Follow up with Tacrolimus ointment to prevent hypopigmentation from the steroid.

MemberMember
(@joshlca)

Posted : 04/24/2021 1:59 pm

Hey mate, I completely sympathize with your condition as I have similar issue. It has gotten to the point that I refuse to attend gatherings and rather stay home.I feelextremely vulnerable when people stare at my nose. To be honest, my nose condition is a lot better than yours, but it still cause lots of insecurity.

Will be giving this thread a close watch. Keep it going

On 9/27/2020 at 6:25 AM, mik1217 said:

Are we able to get this girl's ig information? She may be able to help!

MemberMember
(@nevs09coutlook-com)

Posted : 07/06/2021 9:02 am

On 4/25/2021 at 4:59 AM, Joshlca said:

Hey mate, I completely sympathize with your condition as I have similar issue. It has gotten to the point that I refuse to attend gatherings and rather stay home.I feelextremely vulnerable when people stare at my nose. To be honest, my nose condition is a lot better than yours, but it still cause lots of insecurity.

Will be giving this thread a close watch. Keep it going

Are we able to get this girl's ig information? She may be able to help!

Yeah. Can she actually share the said treatment?

On 9/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, mik1217 said:

Can you share to us what you did?

MemberMember
(@rahajenglarasintanp)

Posted : 08/04/2021 6:31 pm

Hi im laras

I have seem scar and i am very insecure. Always have acne in my nose area when I was 13-20 years old.  I thought it was a normal acne scar.  And its wrong now that I'm 22 years old I just found out that this is a sebacious hyperplasia skin disorder that can appear on the nose and chin area like pimples or blackheads that can't go away when you squeeze it.  my nose is very sensitive.  but when i use the ordinary niacinamide 10% and zinc 1% my nose is getting better and no more pimples.  sebacious hyperplasia treatment with Electrosugary you can see best tratment on youtube @mark dizon he also experienced the same thing and recovered with that treatment.  hope you recover quickly.  Remember that every disease has a cure, spiritttt!!!

4FDB5EEA-1BBD-419C-9662-3A18A5E65B31.png

MemberMember
(@nevs09coutlook-com)

Posted : 08/25/2021 7:55 am

How sad that we never get any update for an effective treatment for nose scars like this. The problem is it's in the middle of our face so it really makes you insecure. I just wanna know if anyone has found any legit solution

MemberMember
(@dastanmagnatgmail-com)

Posted : 09/17/2022 10:50 am

On 8/25/2021 at 5:55 AM, dr3amer said:

How sad that we never get any update for an effective treatment for nose scars like this. The problem is it's in the middle of our face so it really makes you insecure. I just wanna know if anyone has found any legit solution

I have burnt them with liquid nitrogen, I dont have bumps anymore but I got hyperpigmentation like almost 4 moths, but they look better like this then the bumps I had before. Sorry for broken English I live balkans