Notifications
Clear all

Phenol Cross vs TCA Cross

MemberMember
(@cherrysodax)

Posted : 02/09/2019 10:54 am

I recently had Phenol Cross with Rullan done after several TCA Cross treatments with Novick. I never really had any scabbing after the TCA and found the treatments to have no results at all. After one treatment of Phenol, however, my skin was 10x redder and finally had lots of scabbing, yet I don''t know if it was the phenol or Rullan's "brush method" instead of a toothpick.

My question is, which chemical is stronger? I was considering going back to Rullan, but then once I told Novick he all of a sudden pulled out a bottle of Phenol from the treaches of his medicine cabinet and said he could do it, although 88% Phenol is not as strong as 100% TCA, and he would recommend TCA any day of the week over Phenol. Is Novick right here? Which one is better?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/10/2019 9:01 am

@cherrysodax While Novick has experience, he is not as experienced with acid peels as Rullan who trains Dr's how to use these materials. Novick's goto is TCA Cross. Rullan does Phenol as you know. I would not have someone try something out on your unless your daring. See Rullan for Cross if you wish. 

Phenol is stronger than TCA. It is used in ""deep"" peels. 

88% Phenol is stronger than TCA.

Dude if he is saying he recommends TCA over phenol he obviously is clueless about it and just trying to get your money. Goto Rullan.

This is more directed at Novick not you - You should not be training a experienced Dr how to do their job with Phenol. He is a TCA Dr. That is what he has done for years.

Don't let him tell you it's easy to do, it's very hard to do good acid peel procedures, this is why so many Dr's screw up see Real Self under Chemical Peels.

If he wishes to learn he should goto a training course for Dr's at Rullan's office who is the president of The Peeling Society for Chemical Peel. 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

Blanca01 liked
MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 02/12/2019 11:32 pm

On 2/9/2019 at 7:54 AM, cherrysodax said:

I recently had Phenol Cross with Rullan done after several TCA Cross treatments with Novick. I never really had any scabbing after the TCA and found the treatments to have no results at all. After one treatment of Phenol, however, my skin was 10x redder and finally had lots of scabbing, yet I don''t know if it was the phenol or Rullan's "brush method" instead of a toothpick.

My question is, which chemical is stronger? I was considering going back to Rullan, but then once I told Novick he all of a sudden pulled out a bottle of Phenol from the treaches of his medicine cabinet and said he could do it, although 88% Phenol is not as strong as 100% TCA, and he would recommend TCA any day of the week over Phenol. Is Novick right here? Which one is better?

I don't understand how anyone doesn't get scabbing from TCA. I had 80% TCA CROSSand got tons of scabbing and the redness still lingers after 2 months. Still got hyperpigmentation, but everything looks way more shallow. I'm skeptical your doc isgiving you TCA or maybe something low like 30%? Either way, if you want to do TCA go somewhere else because the doc is either not giving you legit TCA or the concentration is low.

MemberMember
(@blanca01)

Posted : 05/25/2019 5:30 pm

Cherryso

On 2/12/2019 at 8:32 PM, dodgerguy18 said:

I don't understand how anyone doesn't get scabbing from TCA. I had 80% TCA CROSSand got tons of scabbing and the redness still lingers after 2 months. Still got hyperpigmentation, but everything looks way more shallow. I'm skeptical your doc isgiving you TCA or maybe something low like 30%? Either way, if you want to do TCA go somewhere else because the doc is either not giving you legit TCA or the concentration is low.

Can you please tell me what you thought of the results from the phenol CROSS?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 05/25/2019 9:01 pm

I had my third Phenol Cross with Dr Rullan this Tuesday. Definitely scabbing, and I saw results at about 30 percent scar improvement after the second. (This was combined with microneedling and subcision).

Dr Rullan is famous for his expertise in peels and acids, so I trust him. I have not had TCA experience to compare, but I chose Phenol because of less risk of pigmentation issues associated with it, and because it doesnt cause the scar to widen like TCA reportedly does.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 06/15/2019 4:10 pm

On 5/25/2019 at 3:30 PM, Blanca01 said:

Cherryso

Can you please tell me what you thought of the results from the phenol CROSS?

Thanks

I did phenol CROSS in April with subcision and filler (no microneedling), and I like the results more then TCA treatments I did last fall. Didn't cause too much hyperpigmentation and no scar widening like TCA did.I don't think that he went too heavy with phenol though because I had graduation coming up in 3 weeks. If your son has ice pick scars, for sure do CROSS. TCA did raise up all the deep pits from ice pick and box car scars I had, which is importantit just depends on how the patient reacts to a particular treatment with the side effects.

swen liked