Notifications
Clear all

I am a male I need help with scar I have lost a lot of confidence during the past time

MemberMember
(@duckyduck97)

Posted : 02/08/2019 11:44 pm

I'm male and I'm 23 years old this year preparing to graduate. I have lost confidence in my face for years. Specifically, in the past 2 months, I had a needle rolling to hope to improve my skin condition. But not after rolling two times at the spa, my scar were bigger :). I was very sad and didn't know what to do, I also read a lot of articles at acnes.org and watched many videos of TCA on YouTube by David Lim I found this method to be okay. I don't believe in needle roller or laser anymore because it doesn't seem to work for me. I put my trust in TCA hoping it could help me somehow. Here's my skin condition, I'm not sure how much to start using. I have read a tutorial about TCA by beautifulambition i see that should not be more than 35%, I have read and discussed a number of other posts before and they use 100% for better performance on scar. Below is my skin now  . My type skin is dark and have scar and large pore . Sorry for my bad english i use google translate :( . I dont know what is my type scar is :p is that ice pick or sth

IMG_7115.jpg

IMG_7128.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/09/2019 9:47 am

@Duckyduck97thank you for your post. It is both illegal and unsafe to use any acid that high at home. Your skin type can cause permanent damage doing this. I tell you in the guide how to safely use acid and to order what is considered legal. OF course you can obtain higher percentages that are often auto part cleaner re-branded. 100% is made for trained Drs.IF you read my guides you know to start low and build up. Not to use a high percentage to start. To do a test spot. Never to do nearby icepicks and they can join(rotate). With a lower percentage 35% you can do multi layer paint on as is said in the guide but you must build up.

Are you dermastamping your scars at home? This also helps.

IT is preferable for your skin type and the complications it brings to treat with a dermatologist who does TCA Cross.

TCA will not help you alone. You need several sessions of cross. High power co2 3-7% density to the box cars. Picosure for the hyperpigmentation. Some Derms only do punch float excisions for your type of scars depending on the location.I would also look into multiple peels. IF you can't afford much start with tca cross, they are pretty cheap, dermastamp at home. Then perhaps do some peels.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 02/09/2019 7:52 pm

The biggest mistake we see with TCA is that people treat the wrong scars. Heck, if normal dermatologist don't know how to treat scars, how do we expect someone who subjectively is in a bad place, to make objective decisions on their scar type then attempt to treat them effectively AND safely. Extremely hard to do for anyone- even the most motivated and educated. Making objective decisions in such as subjective topic is near impossible . The good news is that your scars are not hard to treat- one PROPER session of TCA CROSS/ Paint together with manual microneedling and long focal distance CO2 low density applied at an angle (walls of scar) and at the base, will give you 25-30% global improvement .Your rate limiting factor is your skin type. If you look at the TCA section of real self you can see all the at home TCA disasters. So be safe, be careful . Wishing you well.

MemberMember
(@duckyduck97)

Posted : 02/10/2019 4:53 am

I will be more cautious and follow beautifulambition's instructions. I really thank you 2 very much, I will upload my process so everyone can follow .thanks so much for detail instruction about tca both of you . here is another photo about my scar . Is that box scar right

IMG_7184.jpg

MemberMember
(@bri)

Posted : 02/10/2019 6:47 pm

The larger ones look like boxcar and the tiny enlarged pores look like Icepick. But Im not an expert

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/11/2019 10:53 am

@Duckyduck97Sorry thought I responded to this above. Yes lots of box cars and icepicks. Obi gave good advice as well.