Notifications
Clear all

What types of scars are these?

MemberMember
(@enchantingstar)

Posted : 02/07/2019 11:07 pm

Have been dealing with acne on/off for the past 12 years. Am now breakout free 90% of the time (recently had a bad one as can be seen in the pic due to excessive dairy consumption on a trip!) but wanting to start improving the texture of my skin which I™m constantly trying to cover with makeup and that isn™t even very helpful tbh. 

What types of scars are these? It seems a mix so I suppose the treatment regimen would be multi faceted? Would microneedling (at a dermatologist office) be helpful? Or is the derminator more efficient? 

Is there a recommended doctor in Los Angeles? 

IMG_9666.thumb.jpg.fd162e8488b91bacad283da2eb2fed6c.jpgIMG_9665.thumb.jpg.438be79461cdc336be405ba1ee31b8b5.jpgIMG_9665.thumb.jpg.438be79461cdc336be405ba1ee31b8b5.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/08/2019 10:42 am

@EnchantingstarI would see Dr Rullan in San Diego. He would be the best to help you with your scar type, especially to do the manual methods (always start with this before energy devices )of the treatment.

You have lots of boxcars, some rolling scars, and some icepicks.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 02/09/2019 12:46 am

Agree that Rullan is the man to see in this area. Microneedling will help, along with at home devices. Your scars are predominately monomorphic box car scars- some narrow, some medium and some broad. Monomorphic scarring is a rare but good type to have. The reason is that with treatments such as TCA CROSS to narrow scars, angle co2 laser and RF microneedling, your scars will raise in height. Do this 2-3 times then fully ablative MAYBE an option. This type of scarring can yield a drastic improvement (over 95%) if the correct steps are undertaken. All the best ,and keep us informed of your progress . I wish you well.

MemberMember
(@enchantingstar)

Posted : 02/09/2019 3:13 pm

Thank you so so much for your responses and such insightful knowledge!!

I would not be able to see Dr Rullan for the time being as due to a pretty bad incidentI am wheelchair bound for at least the next 8-10months and am thus unable to travel long distances by car. Is there anything that I can do locally in the meantime? I have seen there is a list of providers (which aren't in the top 1% unlike Dr Rullan) but I could perhaps see if one of those might at least give me a head start or is it best to just wait to see Dr Rullan instead to make sure its all done properly? Or is there any treatments that can help make the future plan with Dr Rullan more efficient (micro needling, RF, TCA cross, lasers?) or would that just be a waste of money/time?

Also thank you so much for the tips on what products to use now! Truly grateful for your advice!!!

MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 02/09/2019 7:42 pm

As BA has mentioned- at home stamping and or microneedling. If using at home roller - 0.5 mm will do. This will keep you motivated and thinking positively before you see Rullan. As for products in the CONTEXT or your scars? Save your money.