Notifications
Clear all

Metformin causing breakouts

MemberMember
(@alwaysneedinghelp)

Posted : 02/07/2019 10:42 pm

I started taking Metformin about 2 weeks ago and my skin is getting bad:( I took accutane a year ago which was a long time coming and awesome as it cleared my acne and now I only had a few pimples occasionally. But ever since starting Metformin my skin slowly started breaking out with small bumps that don't seem to be filled with pus or anything, and my skin has become super super oily! Ugh, it's so frustrating bc I went through so much to get clear skin and now this! I'm loving everything else about metformin which is what makes this so annoying, it's helped my cravings and I seem to be having positive effects besides my skin. However after going through years of bad skin and finally getting it taken care of, I'm not about to deal with it all over again. i need to know if this is just an initial thing and will go away as I get adjusted to Metformin? I read that some people taking it break out when they eat sugary things, and I also don't want to worry about this happening if I have dessert one day. Anybody have any experience with this?

MemberMember
(@gutskinaxis)

Posted : 02/08/2019 12:27 am

Are you taking metformin for type 2 diabetes?