Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellesee

Chin acne: Diane, Doxycycline, 7 year journey..?

Recommended Posts

Hi friends! 

So I got acne in university at 18 after having relatively clear skin all my life. I'm now 25 and I still have acne. I have been on 11 different topicals - literally too many to remember all the names. I have been on Diane 35 since I was 19, after trying all the topicals. It cleared my skin for a year. Then the acne came back. Went on Lolo, which was torture and made my acne the worst it has ever been in my life. Switched back to Diane and had to go on Doxycycline to get my face back to maybe 25 pimples on my face and not 100. 

Doxycycline worked for a year. Now the acne is back and doxy just isn't working anymore. I've done anti-inflammatory diets, no dairy, no gluten, no meat. Natural hormonal supplements, vitamin shots. Nothing helps. 

My dermatologist is pretty lacklustre- he doesn't care much, just writes a prescription and leaves. So I am trying to be my own advocate here. Thoughts on what to do or where to go next? Was hoping I would grow out of my acne, but it just seems to be getting harder and harder to control. 

XO 

L

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Acne is just so awful. I am sorry you are also going through this.  I started on Spironolactone a little over a month ago and am waiting with hope for results. It is a hormone blocker and supposedly it takes 3 months to really work. Have you tried this yet? I've seen a lot of positive outcomes with it...some not so good,  too, but when you are at the end of your rope you do whatever gives you hope, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KarenM said:

Acne is just so awful. I am sorry you are also going through this.  I started on Spironolactone a little over a month ago and am waiting with hope for results. It is a hormone blocker and supposedly it takes 3 months to really work. Have you tried this yet? I've seen a lot of positive outcomes with it...some not so good,  too, but when you are at the end of your rope you do whatever gives you hope, right?

Thanks for your reply Karen! Acne is awful isn't it? I have heard good things about Spiro and I've even asked for it a couple of times from my dermatologist and from my family doctor but they both echoed that they don't really know enough about hormones to prescribe something like Spiro. My understanding is that it will work if your acne is caused by androgens or testosterone, right? I mean I know most chin acne is. Maybe I should look further into it. Is your acne concentrated on the chin area?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ellesee said:

Thanks for your reply Karen! Acne is awful isn't it? I have heard good things about Spiro and I've even asked for it a couple of times from my dermatologist and from my family doctor but they both echoed that they don't really know enough about hormones to prescribe something like Spiro. My understanding is that it will work if your acne is caused by androgens or testosterone, right? I mean I know most chin acne is. Maybe I should look further into it. Is your acne concentrated on the chin area?

 

My acne is primarily jawline. This is a big clue it's hormonal. I just went back to my dermatologist today and gave only gotten worse so she upped me to 150 mg instead of 100mg. Hopefully this will do the trick. I literally cannot take the emotional pain of acne anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 3:14 PM, KarenM said:

My acne is primarily jawline. This is a big clue it's hormonal. I just went back to my dermatologist today and gave only gotten worse so she upped me to 150 mg instead of 100mg. Hopefully this will do the trick. I literally cannot take the emotional pain of acne anymore. 

I feel your pain Karen! Yep sounds like me! Hopefully 150 will help. I've heard it can take up to 6 months with Spiro to really see full results.. Maybe its a waiting game for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Petitecaramel007 said:

Hi Guys,

So I have been battling with Acne/White heads for over 15 years. I have been on everything from Roaccutane, to Doxy, various topical treatments (Differin, Benzol to even applying antibiotics on face for months!! ) Which I found out was harmful BTW.

I came across a study in regards to antioxidants play a huge role in eliminating bacteria caused by acne and a doctor I recently met put me on Ypera !! A bit pricey but worth every penny.

Guys I kid you not, my skin has cleared in a span of 2 months, its all about eating healthy , getting good sleep and cleaning your system. I know this might not work for everyone it just did for me. You can order it online now which is amazing as they never used to do that .

 

https://www.yperalifesciences.com/

 

DO SHARE YOUR STORIES and let me know if it worked for you guys as well. 

Please don't advertise your pricey quick fix things to people who legitimately are here for support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×