Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sebum makes enlarge scars

Need advice ,  I notice my scars get wider/larger when my face is oily. And somedays my scars shrinks when my skin is dry.   Anybody here who experience this ?

This isn't really a scar treatments topic. Enlarges pores are not scars unless they turn into "deeper scars," But...

1) Look at your diet, no dairy, sugar, processed foods, eat lots of fruit and veg, lean meats, no bakery goods. 

2) De- Stress

3) Sometimes it's hormonal, have a derm check if this is the case.

4) Oil - sebum, leads to large pores, sometimes acne. Use a Salicylic soap to open things up. Hydropeels are cheap and great to work on this at any med spa. Laser can also be used as a stronger option.

5) Blotting papers

6) Clay masks

7) sunscreen is important

8) Do not over exfoliate or use harsh products they can lead to excess sebum

Start with those, goto a derm if it's out of control. 

42 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

This isn't really a scar treatments topic. Enlarges pores are not scars unless they turn into "deeper scars," But...

1) Look at your diet, no dairy, sugar, processed foods, eat lots of fruit and veg, lean meats, no bakery goods. 

2) De- Stress

3) Sometimes it's hormonal, have a derm check if this is the case.

4) Oil - sebum, leads to large pores, sometimes acne. Use a Salicylic soap to open things up. Hydropeels are cheap and great to work on this at any med spa. Laser can also be used as a stronger option.

5) Blotting papers

6) Clay masks

7) sunscreen is important

8) Do not over exfoliate or use harsh products they can lead to excess sebum

Start with those, goto a derm if it's out of control. 

But i do have acne scars , my pitted scar looks larger when my face become oily .  Im on isotret low dose 10mg a day when the pill is on working my scars shrinks .

I respond for 24-hrs, supper busy day 50+ PM's to respond to of the worst scar cases. Let's make a plan for you, I need pictures with directional light or a flashlight making shadows of the scars so I can best advise. Otherwise we are just talking in general. IT's very normal while on isotret to have fluctuations in oil, skin depth, and widening. You heal for a year after you finish it, even though your on low dose . Your body is evening out hormones, sebum, and the skin.