Notifications
Clear all

She can't share in my joy of improving my scars. I'm very disappointed about that.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/06/2019 7:39 am

This morning I told my partner how happy I was about how my scars were improving after I had subcision, prp and laser performed on my face. I told her how the suctioning seems to really be improving the outcome of my face. Instead of saying "oh that's wonderful, I'm so happy for you", she told me to please not talk to her about it. She just thinks it's so vain for a man my age to be worried about this sort of thing.

It's sad that such an important thing in my life can mean absolutely nothing to my partner who is supposed to know me better than anyone else. To think I am taking steps to help the one thing that has emotionally traumatized me more than anything else be met by total indifference by her; it's sad and disappointing. But this is life.

I will continue to do what I must do to improve myself knowing there are so many people out there who know exactly how I feel.

Thank you for being among them.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/06/2019 7:47 am

I am happy you are seeing positive results and experiencing such a step forward when it seems so often we are 2 steps back in this acne world. Congratulations and stay happy and strong. People who aren't ir haven't experienced facial acne or trauma really have a hard time relating. They love us no matter what (hopefully) so don't see a need to be "better". Best of luck in the future.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/06/2019 10:30 am

2 hours ago, KarenM said:

I am happy you are seeing positive results and experiencing such a step forward when it seems so often we are 2 steps back in this acne world. Congratulations and stay happy and strong. People who aren't ir haven't experienced facial acne or trauma really have a hard time relating. They love us no matter what (hopefully) so don't see a need to be "better". Best of luck in the future.

Thank you. Meanwhile my partner has learned to really take care of herself. I guess it's not okay for a man to.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/06/2019 11:20 am

It totally is. Unfortunately, society tends to allow women that luxury. I get your struggle...even though I am a woman. You do what you need to do to build up your self confidence.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/06/2019 11:54 am

33 minutes ago, KarenM said:

It totally is. Unfortunately, society tends to allow women that luxury. I get your struggle...even though I am a woman. You do what you need to do to build up your self confidence.

Thank you. I really am feeling very happy that I have taken these steps.