Notifications
Clear all

Going off bc pill while on Spiro

MemberMember
(@leesky24)

Posted : 02/04/2019 12:54 pm

I am planning to go off the pill bc my husband and I want to start trying for a baby in a few months. I've been on the pill for ages, and the last time I went off it, my skin went crazy. Now I'm on spironolactone and a few topical meds, and am also older, so I'm hoping it won't be as disastrous this time. My plan is to stop the pill, stay on spiro for a bit and then wean off before we start trying. Curious to hear whether others have done anything similar and what the results were. thanks!

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/21/2019 1:21 pm

On 2/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, leesky24 said:

I am planning to go off the pill bc my husband and I want to start trying for a baby in a few months. I've been on the pill for ages, and the last time I went off it, my skin went crazy. Now I'm on spironolactone and a few topical meds, and am also older, so I'm hoping it won't be as disastrous this time. My plan is to stop the pill, stay on spiro for a bit and then wean off before we start trying. Curious to hear whether others have done anything similar and what the results were. thanks!

Hi there! hopefully this makes you feel a bit better. I started Spiro back on 12/2013 while also on Yaz/Yasmin. Unfortunately a few years in I had to get off BCP due to severe migraines and aphasia. I actually increased my spiro does by 25mg to make up for the removal of the Yas and the transition was great. At that point, I did not have an additional breakout or purge. I feel like if I were to try for a baby, I would also wait until I was close to get off spiro. Hope that gives you some insight, I know everyone is different.