Notifications
Clear all

Breakout after drinking

MemberMember
(@amuckmarketing)

Posted : 02/03/2019 2:34 pm

Hi guys, im always prone to acne and I have done 2 courses of acctane in my life.

I managed to get it under control after years of struggling.

However, recently I have been out drinking every weekend and it breaks me out everytime.

Is alcohol causing my breakouts? I went out for drinks two days ago and this happened. Also is drinking coffee and smoking causing acne too?

But one thing I noticed its that it is only this period of time drinking breaks me out. Like one year one I was drinking the same amount of alcohol but it didnt break me out like this time. Im really confused.

Thanks guys

20190204_032318.jpg

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 02/03/2019 4:33 pm

It's unlikely the alcohol itself is doing it. But beer does have carbohydrates and that may be the real issue. What are you drinking and how much?

MemberMember
(@amuckmarketing)

Posted : 02/03/2019 4:36 pm

Do carbs cause acne?

I was drinking vodka coke mostly plus some other mixers like vodka redbull etc.

If its not the alcohol I cannot think of any other reason:(

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 02/03/2019 4:55 pm

I'm not surprised you're drinking mixed drinks. That's my point: pay attention to the carbohydrate contents. If you're drinking coke, juices, etc. that's a problem.

MemberMember
(@amuckmarketing)

Posted : 02/04/2019 2:51 am

FvckAcne     38

FvckAcne
  •  
  •  
  •  
Posted 15 minutes ago

I'm not surprised you're drinking mixed drinks. That's my point: pay attention to the carbohydrate contents. If you're drinking coke, juic

So all I need to do is to cut out sugar?

MemberMember
(@amuckmarketing)

Posted : 02/04/2019 3:58 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.

Im only using retinol cream right now and what can I possibly use to make them disappeared asap?

I use concealeron them when I go out. Is it bad?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 02/04/2019 9:24 pm

To your question "So all I need to do is to cut out sugar?"...

It's never as easy as it sounds. Sugar is an important component of it but it's not everything. One problem with people trying to combat acne with diet is they're looking at things way too black-and-white. It's not just one thing like sugar. The whole idea of "if i just cut out this one thing...". It doesn't work like that.