Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a91

What type of scars are these and how can I get rid of them? Pics attached.

Hey guys,

For now, my acne is kind of under control but I have some scarring on my right cheek. Can anyone tell me what kind of scars they are please? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of them without topical creams or peels? 

I wanted laser. But when I went for a consultation at Sk:N in London, they said that to do laser the acne has to be completely under control, otherwise what happens is that if there is any spot causing bacteria under the surface, the laser spreads it and creates huge breakouts. Basically what this suggests is that I would have to go on roaccutane to get laser- that's the closet thing to a guarantee there is no spot under the surface. But I don't really want to go on roaccutane for the sake of one or two active spots- it seems stupid?!

But these scars are really getting me down, so to be honest if roaccutane is the only way I can then do laser, then so be it!

Does anyone have any experience of  doing laser while still experiencing mild breakouts- basically anyone that hasn't been on roaccutane?  

IMG_20190203_161836101_HDR (1).jpg

P.S I can't use topicals or peels becuase they literally break me the hell out. Glycolic peels, salicylic acid peels, epiduo etc. All tried for like 4 months each- like really tried. But they just made my skin crazy. So suggestions on laser or natural treatments only please!

Thank you so much!