Notifications
Clear all

Alcohol on accutane (urgent)

MemberMember
(@boblayer12546)

Posted : 02/01/2019 1:49 pm

Hi,

Im 17 years old, tall and 75kgs and i started my accutane course 4 days ago.

Ive taken 4 20mg doses so far, and Ive just been invited to a party tomorrow. I really want to drink at this partyas i think it will be my last chance until i really get into my course and my dosage is upped to 40mg for 5 months. Can I drink a considerable amount (not very drunk)if i miss my next 2 doses considering ive taken so little roaccutane? will it damage my liver/ raise my blood cholesterol too much? im normal weight, eat healthy most daysand barely drinkplease give me your thoughts as soon as possiblethank you xx

MemberMember
(@acneruinsmylife)

Posted : 02/05/2019 1:53 am

I am too late to this topic, but I ran into the same issue my first round of accutane. Its obviously not suggested by the doctor, but I was on either 30-40mg and my 21st birthday came up. I stopped taking pills for 2 days and drank. Nothing happened to me. I was actually in college and continued to drink a little on the weekends. My triglycerides in my blood test also were elevated sometimes and my doctor warned me to watch it. So, I wouldnt advise it. I'm on my second round and I am not sure if I relapsed because I was drinking on accutane and it fucked up the absorption or something. Hope you enjoyed your last night binge drinking XD