Notifications
Clear all

How do I make sure I am suctioning correctly after subcision?

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/01/2019 7:55 am

How do I make sure I am suctioning correctly after subcision? I am using the Pmd Personal Microderm Device Includes Hand & Foot Kit device. I use the tool without the microderm device and it creates a great suction.

I read somewhere by @beautifulambitionthat it can be done wrong and leave circles. Is this permanent?

I hope I get this question answered since I am having subcision performed today. I'm probably getting PRP and Co2 Laser done too.

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 02/01/2019 9:32 am

For me when I messed up, the dark circle lasted 1 week - there was no pain, just a bruise. It was caused by too much suction + I couldn't keep the suction device gliding across the skin, it was just stuck and I had to pull it off.

Keep the suction device moving constantly and steadilyand you shouldn't have any issues.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/01/2019 1:18 pm

@HopeNewNo cupping can cause bruises even. This is normal. Why some get filler done instead. Your creating constant pooling of blood and some bruising. IF your too strong this can be a reason you bruise. As such go softer on the intensity and perhaps a bit less times. Your not supposed to suction until the insertion points are healed. If you observe any raised bumps or pain, stop until this subsides as we don't need to be hurting you.

You cannot do suction if you had CO2, I never mentioned you do this if you do a stacked treatment. Your laser must heal for at least a week first. This is why we don't combine treatments. You could effect what he did with the laser.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/03/2019 5:30 pm

On 2/1/2019 at 1:18 PM, beautifulambition said:

@HopeNewNo cupping can cause bruises even. This is normal. Why some get filler done instead. Your creating constant pooling of blood and some bruising. IF your too strong this can be a reason you bruise. As such go softer on the intensity and perhaps a bit less times. Your not supposed to suction until the insertion points are healed. If you observe any raised bumps or pain, stop until this subsides as we don't need to be hurting you.

You cannot do suction if you had CO2, I never mentioned you do this if you do a stacked treatment. Your laser must heal for at least a week first. This is why we don't combine treatments. You could effect what he did with the laser.

@beautifulambitionI'm healing nicely. I did try suctioning on a section that was not lasered. I will wait one week until the bruising is gone from the laser and start. I see the doctor who performed the laser and subcisionon me so I will have him look at it.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/05/2019 12:20 pm

I have some questions which i will post here.

After I do suctioning near an area where there was not any laser, I notice the area looks bruised. Is this normal or should I stop?

Also, I notice the dilated pore that the doctor did the TCA Cross on does not really look smaller. However, she said it looks like it's coming along well and that I might not need another. Hmmm... TCA Cross is a gradual process correct?

I also forgot to put the balm on my laser area for the first time. However, I put plenty of sunscreen on. This should not be a problem if only once right?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/06/2019 10:17 am

@HopeNewI am having Semi Deja Vu or something. I think I answered this already but forget where as I responded to a few threads and posts of yours.

Bruising is normal. That is what a cupping set does. To minimize this apply less pressure when cupping. We don't need to be to strong. IF your sensitive, or have a lump, you can take a break for a few days till things settle down and ice it. Some of my guy patients use dermablend to cover the area, it's a surgical makeup found at the malls to spot treat. Again any lumps let them shrink down and massage them before cupping more. This is why some people do not like cupping for a month. Filler you don't deal with this.

Dilated after TCA is normal. This is by design. We widen the area and raise the scar bed. Then we resurface(laser or acid) when it's raised enough, a few sessions. If your Dr thinks it's ok discuss with him the depth of the scar / doing another session. It can be a gradual process, or it can be quick. I don't know anyone within a few weeks that is better from TCA, ... normally left over redness that takes a while to remodel(the collagen there).

Once is fine. I have had sessions put on nothing after laser. A wet wound is a happy wound. Keep it bacteria free. Daily vinegar water pats to kill the bacteria on the scars splash or pat the water don't rub. Some use vaseline after treatment for a week or 2.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/06/2019 10:28 am

@beautifulambition thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/07/2019 6:50 pm

Is it possible to suction too much after subcision? I'm doing a lot of it. I love how it's helping the area where I had subcision.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/08/2019 11:08 am

@HopeNewYes It can be. If you are bruising too much, or causing a bump stop. We just need"slight" pressure to prevent re-tethering. It will help you if your consistent for a month, since you see sucess. Just don't go to crazy, slight pressure. If it becomes tender you can skip a day or two and ice.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/08/2019 9:03 pm

9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@HopeNewYes It can be. If you are bruising too much, or causing a bump stop. We just need"slight" pressure to prevent re-tethering. It will help you if your consistent for a month, since you see sucess. Just don't go to crazy, slight pressure. If it becomes tender you can skip a day or two and ice.

@beautifulambitionthanks for your feeback. I was very aggressive. If there is a bump that will eventually go away?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/09/2019 9:49 am

@HopeNewOh very aggressive haha ;-/ If you have a bump ice and massage it. Wait till it goes down hopefully in a few days. Then start you suctioning again with less pressure and not as much. If the bump is under the skin and cannot be seen, ... does not bother you, then that's ok - free filler.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/09/2019 10:26 am

33 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@HopeNewOh very aggressive haha ;-/ If you have a bump ice and massage it. Wait till it goes down hopefully in a few days. Then start you suctioning again with less pressure and not as much. If the bump is under the skin and cannot be seen, ... does not bother you, then that's ok - free filler.

@beautifulambitionI am going to take off a day or two. There is one bump but I think it's a slight pimple... I will wait for it to go away. It's still a bit swollen (ever slow slightly) under my eyes too. This is where I had subcision done. These things should clear up in time?

By the way, the punch excision really diminished the dilated pore. However, since it's totally healed I can see it again. But it's really smaller. Should I get another punch excision like the dermatologist said I could? Or do I get a TCA Cross there. Or, do I get a laser performed over it before I decide on the TCA Cross or Excision again.

The mark where she did the TCA Cross on my nose is not getting smaller. In fact, I'm afraid it looks a bit larger. But that might be my imagination. I guess I have to wait...

MemberMember
(@californiakid)

Posted : 02/09/2019 2:29 pm

I read somewhere on realselffrom a dermatologist awhile back that it's actually good to have some continued bruising after a subcision is performed. Something about the liquid being beneficial. Unsure whether or not this is true, but if i can find the actual thing I read, I will post it here.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/09/2019 3:02 pm

32 minutes ago, californiakid said:

I read somewhere on realselffrom a dermatologist awhile back that it's actually good to have some continued bruising after a subcision is performed. Something about the liquid being beneficial. Unsure whether or not this is true, but if i can find the actual thing I read, I will post it here.

Awesome! Thanks.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/10/2019 9:49 am

@HopeNewShould clear up, cannot say as I am not treating or seeing it, we have to wait and see. Please do not suction this area until it clears up.

If you get another punch exicison please wait and see how you heal. Do not do it so soon after the procedure. Let things heal up. Hopefully it will go ok for a 2nd time, depends how you heal and the surgeon's skill. Always a risk with this.Do not TCA Cross this. Not worth it if he excised it.

TCA Cross can look larger, especially wider, that is the point to resurface(laser/peel) the area after we raise the scar floor.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/15/2019 5:48 am

Hi @beautifulambitionI use a CPAP mask that has straps. The doctor said I could start using it again. I do have a pimple that I don't want the strap to go over. What way do you suggest I protect that pimple from the strap? Should I just wait until the pimple totally clears up? Or should I use a acne patch?

I'm thinking some sort of gauze to protect the skin. But then I thought, what if I just use a collagen mask overnight? Do you think using a collagen mask as a barrier between the strap and my skin could be an okay idea? I'm mostly concerned about the pimple.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/15/2019 10:04 am

@HopeNewWhy nothing pressing on a pimple is best. Put aHydrocolloid patch over it, they make them for acne, and sell them as retail stores.

I would not put a collagen mask, I do not know the ingredients and I don't see this being helpful as this is never in the instructions for use. You need to absorb the infection not trap it.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/15/2019 11:43 am

@beautifulambitionthank you for your input. I will check out theHydrocolloid patch at CVS. Perhaps I will just wait. Not sure yet.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/15/2019 4:09 pm

Hi again @beautifulambitionIt's been two weeks since my Subcision/PRP/c02 Laser. Everything seems to becoming along fine. I've been following the directions. One thing I notice, I still have slight pigmentation on each temple area.... Is this normal? I will continue to use the sunscreenand wear a hat.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/16/2019 10:02 am

@HopeNewThis is normal. You need vascular laser for hyperpigmentation and a cream as I mention for nightly usage. Ethnic skin (but also skin that tans), this happens often with treatments - in fact it can cause new PIE/PIH and must be dealt with at the end of treatment, ... also prep with creams is preventative. Remember cupping can cause weeks of bruising as well.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/17/2019 8:11 pm

@beautifulambitionis it safe to put the balm on top of an active pimple?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/18/2019 10:47 am

@HopeNewWhat balm specifically. Like vaseline, ... no. Spot treat the pimple with a cream for acne. Put the balm on the acne free spots. If your prone to acne that balm I think you mentioned before will cause you to breakout as it's occlusive. To recap spot treat zits as needed, and don't put"balm" on active acne. You can put a hydrocolloid patch over it they sell everywhere at the drug stores even for zits, but a topical is fine as well.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/18/2019 12:24 pm

@beautifulambitionthanks for your reply. The balm I was talking about is https://www.alastin.com/products/soothe-protect-recovery-balm

Very high end... expensive. I did have it on last night but will not have it on that area tonight where the pimple is.

By the way, I am using Alastin Restorative complex. It makes my skin red but it was highly suggested I use it. https://www.alastin.com/products/restorative-skin-complex

My question is, since it's so expensive, I am only using it where I had the subcision and laser resurfacing. This makes sense, right? I can see where a doctor would say use it on the whole face.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/19/2019 10:07 am

@HopeNewOh that stuff haha. It can cause more issues than good if your prone to acne. Occlusive.

I would personally not use it. If it makes your skin red that is not good.I like vaseline during the early stages of laser(on that area only, not elsewhere), or la roche makes a laser product, also strataderm. Do a 50-50% water to vinegar splash on the face to kill bacteria and reapply whatever you choose. Don't let the shower head go on it.

You don't need to put it where subcision was done, just laser. That is silly to use it on your whole face.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/19/2019 11:06 am

@beautifulambition I want to post before and after photos of my procedures. Should I post it here or start a new thread? I can't believe how horrible I looked. I see some improvement but I still looks pretty bad. I can't believe my wife would want to be married to me.