Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anon221

Antibiotics made my acne worst? (images) please help.

Okay lets start things off (I need help ASAP)

So in november I developed folliculitis everywhere I shaved, Eyebrow, Above lips, chin. 

Before november 2018 I had perfectly clear skin. Not one pimple (I swear)

At start of november 2018 I thought my folliculitis was acne so I treated it like so, I was using this very harsh salicylic acid face wash and never used moisturizer even though my skin was getting very tight and red and patchy dryness. I didn't use moisturizer because it was kind of working for the folliculitis and then I kept using it and starting notice pimples on my cheeks which I've never gotten. I then went to a doctor which prescribed these Apo-Sulfatrim pills and mupirocin to put in my nostrils and my folliculitis above lips, chin, eyebrows was completely gone (Still is) But I started getting these pimples on my cheeks and sides of my head and it got really bad in December I included two picture the worse one is in December and the better one is now. I'm currently on Epiduo and Doxycyline for this acne and its kinda working but I still feel deep cysts when I press down on my skin. And some cysts have been here since December although smaller. I just want to know what kind of acne this is and how can I treat it? Is it fungal, bacterial. I know it's not hormonal I have no acne on my chin, chest, barely any on my back (Always had it on my back tho) 

Current routine:

AM Cetaphil cleanser, Cerave moisturizer/sunscreen for oily skin

PM Cetaphil cleanser, epiduo, cerave in the tub for normal/dry. 

Please help thanks a lot. Btw im 17 yrs old. Also does it look a lot better or similar? Also my skin is super oily now where as before it was dry always. Sorry if my writing/grammar sucks! 

IMG_4706.PNG

IMG_4707.PNG

the bottom one is before (december) the top one is now.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes