Notifications
Clear all

Will I need more than one punch excision for scar?

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 01/29/2019 12:05 pm

Are two punch excisions sometimes needed to remove a dilated pore or acne scar?

I was very happy with the result so far. However, now that it's healing I see that some of the scarred pore remains.

Will duplicate punch excisions cause more damage than good?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/29/2019 12:16 pm

@HopeNewYes... Any time we cut the skin there is a possibility of another scar, hence we try not to punch, cut, or stitch if possible. Discuss it with your surgeon, they can best address this question and how you have healed. I don't have enough information to comment further. Normally after a punch excision laser is done to resurface the area.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 01/29/2019 12:53 pm

35 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

@HopeNewYes... Any time we cut the skin there is a possibility of another scar, hence we try not to punch, cut, or stitch if possible. Discuss it with your surgeon, they can best address this question and how you have healed. I don't have enough information to comment further. Normally after a punch excision laser is done to resurface the area.

Thank you for your prompt feedback. It's looking pretty good over all.

How do I protect my scar from getting pigmentation from the sun. Is using sunscreen PDT 30 enough?

Also, is 2 weeks too soon to have a C02 laser done over the excision? I am getting subcision done this Friday along with laser. Should they wait to laser that area or should it be okay go do it?

Thanks for your help

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/30/2019 10:33 am

@HopeNewI would use a bit higher sunscreen right now as your concerned about PIH. Wear a hat and try to stay out of the sun. As soon as your stich is out and you healed up a bit you can start the hyperpigmentation creams like PCA gel for hyperpigmentation on Amazon.

NO co2 in 2 weeks, ... seriously your going to laser a wound. You need to heal and then laser in 2-3 months if your Dr so wishes. Why would you get subicision with laser on Friday, that is crazy. You just had surgery. Sounds like your Dr is pushing treatments and this could end up a mess.

When you scrape your knee should we co2 laser it next time(sarcastic).

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 01/30/2019 1:26 pm

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@HopeNewI would use a bit higher sunscreen right now as your concerned about PIH. Wear a hat and try to stay out of the sun. As soon as your stich is out and you healed up a bit you can start the hyperpigmentation creams like PCA gel for hyperpigmentation on Amazon.

NO co2 in 2 weeks, ... seriously your going to laser a wound. You need to heal and then laser in 2-3 months if your Dr so wishes. Why would you get subicision with laser on Friday, that is crazy. You just had surgery. Sounds like your Dr is pushing treatments and this could end up a mess.

When you scrape your knee should we co2 laser it next time(sarcastic).

Hmmm... perhaps I will ask for only the PRP and no laser for that day..... what do you think?

By the way, I had the stitch taken out and it looks very good.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 01/31/2019 3:03 pm

@beautifulambitionmy dilated pore looks much better since the scar was removed yesterday. I am putting sunscreen on it. However, after looking at it, I still do see a tiny tiny whole but nowhere near as bad as it was. I'm very happy. My question is,

1: might one more punch excision be needed?

2: Or will it close up more as it heals?

3: Or will a laser take care of the rest to make it look like no pore was ever there?

4: Or would TCA Cross do the rest?

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/01/2019 1:36 pm

@HopeNewDidn't I already answer this on another post. I am getting confused as your posting so many posts ;-P

Possibly(1), depends on how you heal over 3 months of course,(2) Again depends on how you heal if it will close up more, didn't you discuss these questions with the treating physician, I am not responsible for his work and he would be best to defend what he did. He may feel differently as he has treated you face to face and knows the complexity of your case. (3)It may help, but like it was not there, no, nothing does this, that is wanting glass smooth skin which is unrealistic. (4) you don't tca cross a punch excision.

HopeNew liked
MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/01/2019 1:56 pm

@beautifulambitionthank you. I appreciate your feedback. And I apologize for the multiple posts. I will answer the other one now and try to stay on topic. Thank you again.

MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 02/02/2019 7:51 am

Where can we go for punch excision?Derm,plastic or general surgeon?How long can a punch excision last?I mean in the parts where are a lot of muscles(when you smile,eat,etc),can this "scar" return on its previous condition?Thanks.

MemberMember
(@hopenew)

Posted : 02/02/2019 7:56 am

3 minutes ago, tasinhoooo said:

Where can we go for punch excision?Derm or plastic surgeon?How long can a punch excision last?I mean in the parts where are a lot of muscles(when you smile,eat,etc),can this "scar" return on its previous condition?Thanks.

I went to a dermatologist. However, a dermatologist or plastic surgeon would be best. Mine was very very easy because my dilated pore was small.

I would go research realself and find a doctor who can do it in your area. I believe the benefits of a punch excision is permanent. YouTube and Instagram have many punch excision examples.

MemberMember
(@tsoooo)

Posted : 02/02/2019 8:25 am

26 minutes ago, HopeNew said:

I went to a dermatologist. However, a dermatologist or plastic surgeon would be best. Mine was very very easy because my dilated pore was small.

I would go research realself and find a doctor who can do it in your area. I believe the benefits of a punch excision is permanent. YouTube and Instagram have many punch excision examples.

I have seen videos of cases in youtube and instagram but i havent seen the final result (after months).A lot of them said that scars were worse after excision and they wish they have never done it.I have tiny boxcars which i want to erase and 1-2 wider scars.Thanks for your reply.

HopeNew liked