Notifications
Clear all

I am doing the extreme Caveman Regimen

MemberMember
(@baboonmute)

Posted : 01/29/2019 9:26 am

Readers,

I amdoing the extreme Caveman Regimen starting today. No wash, no water on face for at least 3 months. I do not have acne, but I have aweak skin barrier. Tight face, shiny, red, painful. No lotions penetrate my skin in order for it to be balanced. I have done Accutane. I have done micro needling for acne scar. I have done fraxel laser resurfacing for acne scar. If I feel confident enough I will post pictures starting on day 04.

Thank you,

P.S. My thoughts going into this are that I wish I could go back in time and make acne my aesthetic so that I would nothave ruined my skin barrier with over the counter products, skin procedures and Accutane. Maybe a 3 month break is all I need. Maybe it is not and my skin is damanged for life.

MemberMember
(@baboonmute)

Posted : 02/05/2019 3:40 am

Readers,

On January 29 2019 I started the extreme caveman regimen. It actually did not go as planned. I started off with a rinse and that was it. However, I dont think I was supposed to start with a rinse because my skin barrier isso weak that it was like an open wound. So yesterday I started fing with it again and ended up washing it like 7 times over the span of 12 hours (whats wrong with me). The most recent time I looked in the mirror and said to myself what can I do. So I decided to wash it for the last time with thataveenomoisturizing oatmeal bar soap and moisturized my face with Shea butter. I avoided the eye area when I washed and when I put on the Shea butter. Now it is Day 01 again.

Im missing that faint line that goes across your brow ridge where our unibrows are because I used too many products in the past and I want to have it come back. Any suggestions to have it come back without waiting for a month of without washing please tell me.

NoSeRiki liked
MemberMember
(@baboonmute)

Posted : 02/07/2019 2:01 am

Its day 03. Skin is rebuilding. Feels less tight. Looks more in tact. Brow ridge area is rebuilding (I think). I sometimes feel my skin tingle throughout the day. I can definitely tell it was damaged through messing with it. Definitely need a 3 month break, if not a year (seriously).

MemberMember
(@baboonmute)

Posted : 02/07/2019 7:45 pm

Its day 04 or will be at 12:27amtonight (I am going by hour). My skin is eh. I feel like the Shea butter fully soaked in or dried up or got wiped off my face from the pillow after 3 days so I woke up red. The redness subsided in 20-30minutes. Skin looks more succinct but still not good enough to see the world. Barrier is still very sensitive and the brow ridge area still does not have that line back that other people have. So I am waiting. I think day 05 I should be good enough to see other people. Ive been exercising. 10 sets of 100 jump rope and Ive been on a calorie deficit so my face can get skinner and I can be more chiseled in the face. So well see.

MemberMember
(@baboonmute)

Posted : 02/08/2019 8:00 am

Im 16 hours away from day 05. Or 16 hours away from 96 hours of not washing. Fromexperience it takes4 full 24 hour cycles for my skin to calm down after Ive washed it. So5 days agois the LAST time Im ever wetting my face with water in the next 3 coming months or a year.I dont think Ive ever gone a full 3 months without washing before and I know thats all I need. Then it will proabably be good enough to just rinse with water. I shouldve done this in2nd grade like everyone else (not washed face). Im probably going 3 years without wetting my face with water just to be sure that itll never become damaged again when I do decide to wet with water. So if Im 27 now then the next time Ill wet my facewill be 30 years old.

MemberMember
(@lovablemama)

Posted : 02/08/2019 12:58 pm

You have the right idea here (keeping the skin acidic which keeps acne away) HOWEVER! Skin is constantly shedding, the epidermis is made up ofmany dead layers of skin cells with the S.C of a few layers. I tried this method that you're doing and the benefits STOPat about a two-week period, you will experience severe dryness, cracking, and dermatitis formed by sweat. When sweat is trapped under layers of dead skin, things such as hives, periodical dermatitis, and other issues form. In addition, when you remove all those layers of dry, dead skin scars may appear (I got a few of them from this regime). I suggest you stop, and instead learn how the epidermis desquamates. Acne is due to excess dead layers of skin cells. You see...cells need water to survive and shed. Message me and I'll tell you how to get rid of acne for GOOD. It's actually quite simple once I learned the cause.

On 2/7/2019 at 2:01 AM, baboonmute said:

Its day 03. Skin is rebuilding. Feels less tight. Looks more in tact. Brow ridge area is rebuilding (I think). I sometimes feel my skin tingle throughout the day. I can definitely tell it was damaged through messing with it. Definitely need a 3 month break, if not a year (seriously).

skin is tingling from sweat, and irritation. yeast forms fatty acids that irritate the skin. Sebum and sweat is trapped under layers of dead skin which will lead to dermatitis. I did this routine about twice (for a month) and (two months). I got scarring from it and extreme dryness at the 2-week period (due to trans-epidermal water loss). Our cells need to shed. How does it happen? The enzymes are activated by MOISTURE.Message me and I'll tell you how to get rid of acne, I never break out anymore.

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/19/2022 7:29 pm

Thank you for this!