Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lwl99

I need honest advise for my severe acne and the scars

Hi,

I had severe acne since I was 13 years old, Im turning 20 this year. Due to some personal circumstances, the acne was not treated earlier.

I have been looking around online for a few years now and read that accutane is able to permanently cure this, however it was also mentioned that there are pretty nasty side effects. Along the years, I had accumulated many scars all over my face (refer to attached pictures), and I have to serve in the compulsory military stint for 2 years for my country soon, which I suspect might further worsen my condition.

Can anyone provide me with honest feedbacks and advices on what I can do now to treat all these acne and especially all the scars. I am going on accutane treatment referred by dermatologist as soon as I have the money and I want to know realistically how much my scars can heal and what I can do to prevent them from worsening from my upcoming military service.

Thank you!

20190128_214943_HDR.jpg

20190128_214951_HDR.jpg

20190128_214954_HDR.jpg

20190128_215002_HDR.jpg

Have you tried giving up dairy entirely? That worked for me big time. Plus very low sugar intake I do as well. There's scar medication out there like Medirma I think it's called that's helped me. TreeActive is another good one too. I hope this helps you!

Watch your diet man like @onemanwarrior34 had mentioned.

Try eliminating dairy, sugars, grains are huge as well. Also processed foods. Switch to a more organic and holistic diet!! 

Hope this helps!! Keep us updated