Notifications
Clear all

Seeking advice for acne scars

MemberMember
(@lovescars3)

Posted : 01/27/2019 3:37 pm

Hi, I'm 23 and have been dealing with pretty severe cystic acne since I was around 19.  I completed a course of accutane my sophomore year in college and that left me with a lot of scarring in my cheeks/temple area.  Lately, I've been dealing with breakouts around my mouth which has been causing scarring there as well.  It appears to be mostly ice picks on my left temple and cheeks, as well as rolling/boxcar on cheeks and mouth.

I was wondering which types of treatments I should pursue for my acne scarring. I don't really care about price, I just want to improve this situation and move on from this.

Also, I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area so any recommended drs would be much appreciated as well! Thanks!!

7E110AAD-DE77-400F-AB2A-767D166C4291.jpeg

78CEC2EF-69F5-4809-8E9D-CB20E0DD471D.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/28/2019 9:32 am

@lovescars3Hi there.

I still see active acne, this has to be under control or we are playing a chasing game to fix new scars. Please goto a derm and have them get this under control if you need some help.

You have boxcars, rolling, and icepicks, mainly superficial scarring.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

MemberMember
(@lovescars3)

Posted : 02/04/2019 11:14 pm

Thank you so much for your help! I am going to contact Dr Rullan in San Diego.