Notifications
Clear all

Has spironolactone stopped working?

MemberMember
(@katylulu_)

Posted : 01/27/2019 3:34 pm

Hi,

Ive been taking spiro since November and was initially taking 50mg. At the start of January my skin was starting to clear up nicely and my oil levels had been slightly reduced,but from all the research I had done, I figured 100mg would be the boost I needed to clear my skin for good.

But now its been a few weeks and my skin seems to be oily again and Im getting more bumps and spots around my jaw. My regime and diet hasnt changed at all, so I know that cant be a reason.

Is this a sign that 100mg is too much for me or is my body just readjusting to a change in hormones again? I dont know if this has happened to anyone else but any advice would be appreciated!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/27/2019 6:35 pm

Everytime i had an increase in dosage, i purged all over again. You could give your skin a month to settle in to the new dosage or go back down to 50 mg. Why did you increase in the first place if the lower dosage was working for you?

MemberMember
(@katylulu_)

Posted : 01/28/2019 12:41 pm

18 hours ago, leelowe1 said:

Everytime i had an increase in dosage, i purged all over again. You could give your skin a month to settle in to the new dosage or go back down to 50 mg. Why did you increase in the first place if the lower dosage was working for you?

Thanks thats good to know!

It was improving but very slowly, as expected I suppose! But when I went tomy doctor, sheagreed that a higher dose usually has better results so she put my prescription up!

Im also not sure if a change in brand makes much difference, I know theres always an ongoing debate as towhether that affects the medication!

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 01/28/2019 3:17 pm

I heard Accordhealthcare (generic maker) does not work. That is the brand I started on and when I saw it, I changed pharmacies and now it is made by Anneal Pharmace. Just in case I figured I'd rather not be using Accordhealthcare!

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/21/2019 12:58 pm

On 1/27/2019 at 3:34 PM, Katylulu_ said:

Hi,

Ive been taking spiro since November and was initially taking 50mg. At the start of January my skin was starting to clear up nicely and my oil levels had been slightly reduced,but from all the research I had done, I figured 100mg would be the boost I needed to clear my skin for good.

But now its been a few weeks and my skin seems to be oily again and Im getting more bumps and spots around my jaw. My regime and diet hasnt changed at all, so I know that cant be a reason.

Is this a sign that 100mg is too much for me or is my body just readjusting to a change in hormones again? I dont know if this has happened to anyone else but any advice would be appreciated!

Same thing for me! I started at 50 and Yasmin, moved to 75 and Yasmin, and have been on 125mg and no Yasmin for several years and each time I had a "purge" adjustment that actually took a month or up to 3. So keep a good routine that exfoliates and working on the PIH and you will get there. I have faith so much in this product, as I have been on it for 5 years and it's magical. I wish you all the best in your journey for this long term healing that you are working towards.

Katylulu_ liked